Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Day 2011

Christmas morning the boys slept in till around 8 o'clock. Emeline had been up a lot of the night so I was grateful but David was dying! He was so excited to have the kids get up and we just sat in bed waiting for them to walk past the door. We decided to let them open up their presents from Santa before church and they were so excited. Our friends gave us their GeoTrax set and we had it set up under the tree when they came down. Both boys received robots from Santa and then we got dressed and went to church. I loved that David didn't have any morning meetings and was home to help me get everyone ready. It was so nice to drive together and the Christmas program was beautiful. David's barbershop group sang "Do You Hear What I Hear?" and the primary sang "Far Far Away on Judea's Plain". I loved going to church on Christmas day and it was nice to celebrate with our ward family.

When we got home we opened the rest of the presents. We were so blessed to receive many packages from our family and friends. Thank you so much for helping to make our day so much nicer. We appreciated all of the gifts and had so much fun opening all of the boxes.
Beautiful slippers that my mom made for Emmy and Me. I screamed when I opened the box, I was so excited!

Emmy and her new friend.
We gave both of the boys Morphibians this year. They are awesome! They are remote control cars that drive on land and in the water and they were so excited to test them out.
Emmy and Me dressed up for church. I was so excited to have a girl to find a dress for this year.
Jacob's favorite present this year was the Batboat. Caleb's favorite present was his robot, Spykee Vox. Emeline liked all of her presents equally.
We were so blessed this year with the birth of Emeline Rose and watching our wonderful boys grow even bigger. We are so grateful for our wonderful, supportive family and friends and for the birth and Atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Nancy T said...

Such great pictures, Amy. It sounds like your Christmas was wonderful!