Friday, December 30, 2011
Christmas Eve
Christmas Eve night was very mellow and calm and I loved it! We started a new tradition this year from an idea I got from a friend. We decided that it would be fun to be shepherds for the night and have a "shepherd's picnic" on the floor. We also thought it would be fun to have our own tent, so we hung sheets from the ceiling and listened to the Christmas story in our cozy space. I think it was really good for the kids to imagine what the night of Christ's birth was like and they both asked a lot of questions. We were able to teach them the story and we could really feel the spirit as we talked about everything. I can see us continuing this every year. Now to think up some new Shepherd foods. Any suggestions?


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love that idea!
Post a Comment