One of my favorite primary songs describes this perfectly:
I am so lucky to be the mother to my children and the wife to my husband and the daughter to my parents. They are amazing! Last week I was feeling the need to go to the temple. I haven't been in a long while due to pregnancy issues and then life with a demanding/nursing baby. I am not complaining, I feel so lucky to have my little Emmy, but I was really feeling the need to go. David suggested I invite a friend to go with me and he would stay home and take care of everything so I could go.
Well, I called up a friend and we scheduled a time to go. Little did I know that I would be going on the 9th anniversary of my first time going through the temple. As we were walking out, I was looking through my bag and noticed my little name tag from my first endowment session. It was so cool to know that I had chosen to be at the right place at the right time! I love it when little things like this happen and it proves to me that I am important to my Heavenly Father and that he loves me.
What made it even better was when I got home and saw that David had not only gotten the kids to bed but he had basically cleaned the entire house and even did the hand-wash dishes. (This is saying a lot in our house!) Life is good and being married to the man of my dreams makes it even better Ü Happy anniversary on the 16th!
1 comment:
It was such a beautiful experience being with you in the temple for the first time. I'm so grateful that you and David are making the Gospel a priority in you and your kid's lives!
Post a Comment