Thursday, January 12, 2012

First Snow

We woke up this morning to snow! Hooray! We have been waiting a long time this winter and it has finally come. Jake wanted to play in it so after getting him all dressed, he trekked out into the unknown. He was so cute. Emmy and I decided to watch from the window and I was giggling so hard. There is nothing like a little boy discovering new things. After pretending to be a digger and testing out his new snow gloves, he decided to teach himself how to sled. He pulled the sled out into the middle of the lawn and sat in it. When it didn't move he looked up at me and yelled, "It won't sled!" I explained that he needed to be on a hill and so he went up a little ways and tried again. This time he ended up sledding about ten feet down our hill and was so proud of himself. I loved that he tried something new and enjoyed it. His little legs started to shiver in his oh-so-cute Batman pajamas (Thanks Grandma T!) so I lured him inside with a hot cup of cocoa. Oh my boy! If you only knew what I would do for you!

5 comments:

Nancy T said...

Awww! I can't wait to kiss her!

Nancy T said...

Jake is so cute with his cocoa.

Marc and Liz Anson said...

So fun! Are you going to try and make a snowman with all of that snow? Emmy is SO cute, Hannah kept saying "Baby!" while we watched the video.

Shelley said...

Cute Cute n just too cute

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh, I want to squeeze Jake. First of all, because he's so cute in his own right, and secondly because he reminds me SO MUCH of Liam at that age. So CUTE