Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas Vacation

We had a wonderful Christmas! It was so nice to have a break this year and to be able to relax and spend time together as a family. With a new baby, a new job, and moving across the country, we needed a little "down time." It was so fun to fly into Utah and see the snow on the mountains. Utah really does have the best snow on Earth!
Here we are on the Airplane. Jacob cried pretty much the whole trip. I spent some of the flight trying to nurse him in the little cubicle they call a bathroom while some drunk guy kept knocking on the door to come in. Hmmmm.....Who let that guy on the plane? Caleb had a blast though and flying for only three hours is a lot better than driving for 3 days!
Our little Jakey decided to grow up just a little bit more while we were there. I started him on rice cereal and he downed the entire cup full! He loves to watch me eat and follows the food into my mouth every time. I think he felt pretty cool being the one with the spoon in his mouth. He is a growing boy, and no one believes he's only 4 months old because he's so big. I cannot resist that face! Is it weird that I feel the need to eat him every time that I see him? oooooooooh!
Caleb and David had fun in the snow making a whole assortment of snowmans. This one was my favorite. Do you just love Caleb's snow ensemble? Poor kid. Everyone was sold out of snow stuff. I had to dig through all of our old snow stuff that my mom somehow still had in an old box. He was warm and happy and so was I!
Can you just feel the anticipation!? Here's Caleb sporting the new jammies that Grandma made all of the grand kids. Caleb got moose to match "Denver," his sleeping buddy.
While visions of sugarplums danced in their heads.....I went to peek on Caleb right before Santa came and this is what I saw. I couldn't resist taking some pictures. Don't you just want to snuggle up with him? Lucky moose!
Here are the boys Christmas day. It was such an awesome day. David and I had so much fun watching the kids open their presents and we enjoyed being at my parents' house with them. This was their first Christmas in like 20 years that they didn't have to fill stockings. Hooray for empty-nesters!

Ode to the Christmas puzzles! Every year during the holidays, my dad puts together about a million pieces of puzzle. This tradition just might have to continue in the Anson household too.

Thank you Joseph and Amy for lending us Buddy and for letting Caleb have his first sleepover! You're so good to us. Thanks Moms and Dads for the gifts and for letting us come home for Christmas. See you soon on the Webcam!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Cute pics Amy, hope you guys survived the flight home. It was fun to see you and your family, you kids are super cute, wahoo, you have two boys like me, it's so fun!

Growing-up-walker said...

I love the Pics. It sound like you guys had a nice Christmas. We has so much fun at the game party and were happy you guys came. We hope you had a nice trip home.

ansons said...

you're welcome! what a treat to have you guys here.

Tammy said...

Calebs PJ's are sooo cute! i love the moose to match! i'm glad that you had a good Christmas! it was great to visit with you guys, and see how big Jakee is getting (both of um)! it's funny that everyone thinks he's older than he is. My Jacob is smaller so everyone thinks he's 10 months old and walking. : ) Cute kids, Cute family!
ps. don't spill the BEANS! : P

Nora Mair said...

Jake is so edible. I don't blame you a bit. What fun pictures. What a great Christmas.

Ashley said...

I'm so glad you had a good holiday! You're right, I swear your little guy grew while you were gone.

Unknown said...

That is such a great picture of Caleb sleeping. He is so adorable.

Sharon said...

I'm so glad you got to go home for Christmas. It's so magical flying into the Salt Lake Valley and seeing the mountains! Beautiful! I love the cooking outfit, too cute!