Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Pictures! Mother!

For our ward Christmas party this year we had the theme of "Christmas in Nauvoo". It was fantastic! We had different rooms represent the different shops and things around Nauvoo. Everyone was asked to wear period clothing or Sunday dress. A few years ago, David and I attended a Nauvoo Ball for our Stake and I sewed a vest for him and a dress for me. We were excited to get to wear them again.

I didn't have anything for the boys, so I called my mom and asked her to work her magic. She went to Savers and bought a tweed suit and created these hats and vests for them. Aren't they adorable! They were the cutest kids there if I do say so myself! You are the best, Mom!


Making cookies at the Bakery!

Jake eating licorice from the Red Brick Store.


The Ansons at the Nauvoo temple.

8 comments:

Nancy T said...

Thanks for posting! I'm glad they fit. It sounds like you had a really great Christmas party.

adriandgreg said...

That turned out so cute. I am sure your boys were the cutest there. What a fun idea your ward had. You all look very nice and pioneerish. :) I like it.

Kendall said...

you really do have the cutest kids ever! your mom did great on the costumes

Devin & Nikki Choules said...

Your kids are getting so big! Oh my gosh they are so cute!

Jennifer Rae said...

Awww....cute. Merry Christmas.

Tammy said...

The boys look adorable and the next time i need a tweed hat and vest i'm soo asking for your mom's number! Your and Davids outfits are great too. sounds like a great christmas party. i'm on the enrichment committee now so send me all your wards Great ideas! thanks a bunch! and Merry Christmas! : )

Unknown said...

they look soooo cute!

Guiselle said...

Long time no see! I can't believe I found your blog! I just got invited to Liz Novak's blog recently and found a link to yours. What cute pictures! And 2 kids! We have 2 also, Jimmy and Alyssa. Send me your email and I can email you an invitation to our blog. It's new, so not many pictures yet.