He struggled a bit at first so we decided he needed some better motivation. We went online and let him pick out a new knight for his castle that he would get when he went for a whole day without an accident. It took a few days to come in the mail and ended up being just the right thing to inspire him to make an effort. We tried the potty treat thing but, true to his character, he decided he didn't like tootsie rolls anymore after the second day.
It is so fun to see him growing up but sad at the same time. He also started sunbeams this year and I was so bummed I didn't get a picture of him on his first day. Sundays have been a little crazy for me with my calling and I am so grateful for David for holding down the fort.
We were wondering what Jake would do when he finally did get into Primary. He decided that he didn't want to stand up for the "welcome song" but other than that, had no issues. (At least that his teacher will tell me.) He loves to be in there with his older brother Caleb and can't wait to see his teacher every Sunday. He doesn't like to sing primary songs, because he claims he doesn't know how to sing, but he loves to listen to them. He is quite a character and I wouldn't trade him for anything.
6 comments:
yay for potty training success! i am still trying to find success with trevor ahhh.
I think 'ol blue eyes will learn to sing as he goes along. If he inherited anything from either of his parents. ;) What a big guy!
Congratulations, Jake! Will you come give Brook a few pointers?
Yea Jake!! You are a superstar!! Go tell mom you want a piece of candy!
I can't believe how grown up my little Gakey is! Congratulations on making it through the potty training....yaaay!!
YEAH...... for no diapers...... at least for a few months!!!
Post a Comment