Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Holidays

The holidays were very exciting this year. We started off with a trip to Utah for Thanksgiving. We decided, against our better judgement, to drive the 1300 miles, in the winter, over the river and through the woods to get to grandmother's house. The drive was long and full of blizzards and white knuckles on the steering wheel, but we were so blessed to not have any car trouble or sick kids. They were troopers and stayed cheerful for the most part.

I, on the other hand, was sicker than a dog. Car trips and morning sickness do not mix. The thing that made it worth it was being able to see all of our family and meeting my three new nieces and nephew.

We spent hours and hours visiting, eating and playing. Caleb and his cousin Zac were inseparable and had so much fun being with each other talking about Star Wars and other boy stuff. Apart from the "Fizzard" of 2010 getting in the way a bit, we were able to play to our hearts' content. The good bye's were extremely hard for all of us but we are so excited to see some of you again this summer! Thank you Dads for letting us come. It was so worth it!

Christmas was really nice and laid back this year. We started off Christmas Eve, and headed to the St. Louis City Museum. David and I have been dying to go, but the cost is pretty expensive. Well, through some diligence on our bishop's wife part to get a church rate and generosity from some friends, we were able to go! It was crazy fun and we were so glad to be part of such a fun group of people. (There is a video at the bottom.)

After the museum, we came home and got ready for a feast with our friends, the Williams. We had soup in bread bowls and lots of goodies. We also decided to decorate gingerbread houses, which turned out to be a good way to show off all of our quirky obsessions. Can I just tell you that the kit is the way to go. The kids had a great time eating all the "extra" candy and the clean up was so easy!
Christmas morning came with lots of surprises and fun. The boys got a castle and knights from Santa and haven't stopped playing with them since. We were truly spoiled this year and want to thank everyone who gave and sent us presents. It was hard to be away from family but we love being our own little unit too. We were able to relax and then headed to our friends, the Speidels, for dinner.

Lonie is an amazing cook and we felt like one of the family over there. Thanks for having us Lonie! It was so nice visiting with you and your family.


Me at sixteen weeks. I figured I needed to put at least one prego picture on here. Can't you tell how excited I was to have it taken? My mom made me this beautiful sweater and I love it. It will be great with my expanding tummy!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Looks like you guys had some wonderful times during the holidays! You have a cute preggo tummy too!
I hope we get to see you when you come next time, even for just a bit. :)

Tina - Ball Team Co-Captain said...

Love your gingerbread houses! And where is that cool indoor playground for grownups?

ansons said...

We loved our holiday time with you. Very cute preggie picture. I can't wait.

Marc and Liz Anson said...

I love the bump :) And that castel is awesom, way to go 'Santa'!