Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Brats in the Bathtub




On New Year's Eve this year, we were surprised to have at least 10 tornadoes in our area. One was a category EF3 with winds around 160 miles per hour. It was quite awe inspiring actually, to see all of the damage that a tornado can cause.

The storm hit around noon and I called our friends over for our traditional "Brats in the Bathtub". (The first time we had it, we had just been cooking Bratwursts on our grill for dinner and decided it would be fun to eat them in the bathtub while we waited for the storm to pass.) They have only rooms with windows and live just down the street so we like to cuddle up in our downstairs bathroom when the sirens go off! The best part was that we were potty training Jake, (post on that to come) and while we were all in there he decided that he needed to go #2. It was pretty hilarious with him sitting on the toilet and all of us watching.

We were very lucky. The storm hit about five miles South of us then jumped over us and hit just North in the city of Ballwin. It was pretty exciting but I am glad that everyone we knew was safe.

After that, we all had a quiet evening at home while watching movies and playing Wii. We ordered our annual Chinese takeout for dinner and had fun reading our fortune cookies. We let the boys stay up till eleven (Big Mistake!!!) and then put them to bed. David and I didn't last long after that and called it quits as soon as midnight rolled around. Not as exciting as the afternoon for sure, but it was pleasant for the most part. Happy New Year and here's to having all of our wildest dreams come true!

5 comments:

Lynseylou said...

I was just going through your blog reading and Gabriel comes in and sees Caleb and says "hey that's my friend." I go yes it is and he says "call him, I want him to come over and play." :) so lol can Caleb come play? I hope you guys are doing well! We sure miss you and think of you often.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are all safe and doing well!

adriandgreg said...

This made me laugh when you told me about it and makes me laugh even more when I see the pictures! I can't think of better people then the Anson family to spend time in the potty with! Haha

Natalie said...

I loved the title of the post..... made me very curious??? Glad you guys didn't get rocked by the tornado!

Tammy said...

WOW! glad you're safe! congrats and gold stars to jake for getting the pottying down! ;) Mackenzie knows how and we were even diaper free for a week. the problem is that she wants to be the baby so sometimes she won't want 'big girl underpants?!?! whatever she'll get it before kindergarten right?!!? :)