I haven't had time to post the rest of the things we did this summer and I need to get on with Halloween, thanksgiving, etc... so here is my version of a speedy summer blog. I just couldn't skip some of these good moments!
Because I just loved their faces. This is a typical afternoon when David gets home from work. These two love and flock their daddy as soon as he walks in the door. I am so blessed to have David around!
We had a "Banan-o-rama" activity at our church where everybody wore yellow and we played a "bunch" of games with bananas. It was a riot I tell you! These two monkeys had a lot of fun.
Clayton City Art Festival. We went down one Saturday afternoon and saw some wacky and creative art (yes!!!!) I was totally in my element and it felt oh so right! We got to make hats and I made David wear mine just to be funny. He wasn't too excited about it when he started getting looks and smiles from everyone around us until Noodles and Co. decided to give him a free meal just for having the courage and the audacity to wear such an "awesome" hat! SWeet.
I decided to make a wreath out of dried lavender this year. I tried to grow my own but it all died with the torrential rains we had this summer. Luckily David was trimming back all of the bushes at the temple and let me have all of the Lavender. I dried it, then made the wreath. David sneezed for about a week, every time he came into the house until the scent mellowed out a bit.
Another project. I was trying to find a table to put on our patio that would be good for the kids to eat on and I found this one on craigslist. It needs a little tlc so David picked it up and I have been sanding it ever since. Parts of it are rotten and have to be replaced. I'm hoping to finish it by spring of next year......I'll post when I finish. Hopefully this will give me incentive to finish it.
2 comments:
I LOVE your wreath! I would love to find out how you made it! It there a mirror in the middle? I couldn't tell.
Great pictures and I want to hear more about the bananas!
Post a Comment