Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Swab the Deck!


So I really hope that Halloween wasn't as scary as Caleb looked. I love that picture! I think they were giving instructions for the trunk'or'treat while I snapped a few shots. Caleb was a pirate captain and he lovingly deemed Jake as his first mate. They certainly made out like pirate thieves and came home from trick'or'treating with full sacks of candy. David and I ended the night with 1 offer for Jello shots, and the chance to participate in about 4 drinking parties! For those drinkers out there who read this, please note to self:
No, I do not want to be drunk while I take my children Trick'or'Treating, and no, I don't think Halloween is just another Holiday excuse to party, get drunk and have a hangover!
I should have bought better candy to pass out, because we only had about three trick'or'treaters come to our house. Now I'm stuck with a huge back of tootsie rolls and a huge bag of dum-dums. I sent them with David to pass out in seminary.
Next year I'll take your advice ,LeAnn, and pass out the candy on Halloween that they get at the trunk'or'treat.










11 comments:

Nancy T said...

they are the cutest pirates I've ever seen. Where did you get those costumes? p.s. I got the measurements for the hats!

Steve and Chelle said...

Amy they are SO cute!! I love that last picture! It's darling!

oh how different life is outside of Utah!! kinda makes you miss good ol' happy valley huh!

stay in touch!

Michelle

Marc and Liz Anson said...

Their costumes are super cute! The last 2 years we didn't get any trick or treaters so we just gave up on passing out candy. But then this year guess what we got?! Trick or treaters!! What's with that? Rachel made out with a lot of candy from Marc's work and the Trunk or Treat so we just ended up giving them some of that. And no we didn't have our light on.

Kendall said...

i was waiting to see some pictures, your kids are so cute. all i wanted to do for Halloween was dress up my little girl, of course i didn't know at the time that it was going to be a girl

Anonymous said...

That picture of Jake is the cutest thing i have ever seen!

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Awesome pirate costumes!

Tammy said...

we also had few trick-or-treaters I decided to use some of Jacob's candy to hand out but after i gave it away i felt terrible, maybe i'm just to sensitive, but i felt bad that he got all those treasures and then i gave them away. caleb looks cute! where's Jakee's picture! : ) Happy halloween!

oh is Dave teaching seminary now? i hadn't heard anything about that. I'll have to email you a letter!

Tammy said...

ok sorry, my computer has been doing weird things to the posts and sometimes i don't see all the pictures. i saw Jake's picture. he's adorable! : D

adriandgreg said...

So cute! I love the face jacob is making. What cute little pirates you have. How fun!

Michelle said...

I love the way jakey's hair falls over his bandana! What cute boys. We miss them.

ansons said...

That can't be Jacob. Did you get a stand in for that picture? He is so grown up. I wish we could have come trick or treating at your house. I would even settle for a tootsie roll:)