I don't know about any of you, but I am so happy to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! With all of the recent events of Proposition 8, I thought I would post the Church's statement that is found on their website, lds.org.
* We are but one of MANY groups who share these feelings and stand in solidarity with other religious and ethnic organizations.
* While the Church does not endorse candidates or platforms, it does reserve the right to speak out on important issues.
* As you know we feel a "mutual respect and civility" toward those who hold a different positions than we do, but is important for others to understand that this "issue" for the Church has always been about the "sacred and divine institution of marriage...a union between a man and a woman".
* "The Church's opposition to same-sex marriage neither constitutes nor condones any kind of hostility toward gays and lesbians. Even more, the Church does not object to rights for same-sex couples regarding hospitalization and medical care, fair housing and employment rights or probate rights, so long as these do not infringe on the integrity of the traditional family or the constitutional right of churches."
* No one on EITHER side of the question should be subject to erroneous information, vilified, or harassed.
2 comments:
Here here! I'm all about the recent persecution because it always makes the church stronger. Bring it on protestors!
I could not agree more. The funny things is that there are many members who are ticked about prop 8. I can't help but think that this is the sepperation of the wheat from the tares. My brother was telling me that in all of history there has never been a time they allowed gay marriage except one that has been found. That is the time of sodom and gamora just before the earth was flooded. Very interesting, I think. Hmmm...I sound a little yodaish. Oh well. :)
Anyway love you guys. Hope all is well.
Post a Comment