I wanted to add this conversation between the missionaries and Caleb, to the blogging world:
(In reference to the 3 degrees of Glory; the sun is the Celestial world, the moon is the Terrestrial world, and the star is the telestial world.)
Missionaries: So, Caleb, when you go to heaven after you die, do you want to go to the sun?
Caleb: "No. The sun is hot!"
Missionaries: "Well, we don't actually mean that you would live on the sun. But you want to go to the highest kingdom right?"
Caleb: Blank stare.
Missionaries: "Wouldn't you rather go to the sun than the star?"
Caleb: "The sun is a star."
He's right you know.

(In reference to the 3 degrees of Glory; the sun is the Celestial world, the moon is the Terrestrial world, and the star is the telestial world.)
Missionaries: So, Caleb, when you go to heaven after you die, do you want to go to the sun?
Caleb: "No. The sun is hot!"
Missionaries: "Well, we don't actually mean that you would live on the sun. But you want to go to the highest kingdom right?"
Caleb: Blank stare.
Missionaries: "Wouldn't you rather go to the sun than the star?"
Caleb: "The sun is a star."
He's right you know.
We have a friend named Ollie who builds telescopes. He even used to map spots for lunar landings. He is wonderful and sweet and reminds me of my brilliant grandfather. Anyway, he is Caleb's new best friend and invited us all over for root beer floats and some moon viewing. Caleb was so excited and his face was the picture of joy when he saw his first crater. He was thrilled and kept yelling, "Mommy, I see the moon!" I don't think he was was the only one having fun!
13 comments:
Can't trick that kid can you?
what a nice guy and what a great conversation
The boys are so big! Thanks for keeping us up to date. I bet the missionaries will remember that lesson, too:)
Smart kid...of course he is an Anson! Or just a son of a Bobo :)
sounds like you!! that is so cool that he knew about the sun star thing. and i bet you love having that friend as much as calob does!!!
What a cool experience for him! Maybe he'll grow up to be an astronaut. Ben always gets excited about dirt and what's under it. He wants to "dig up dinosaurs" when he grows up. Or fly a helicopter to the hospital. What does Caleb want to be?
Amyhead, that was glorious! I want my kid to be that smart! (And I am seriously drooling over that awesome telescope...)
Love it, Love it, Love it!! I wouldn't want to live on the sun either. Maybe Venus, wait that is hotter than Murcury. I need to ask Caleb what planet I should live on.
Smart kid! Hey, what size do you want the tree pic? Do you want color or bw?
N
Dear Cabub,
the pictures of you looking at the moon are neat! zxhgtukfsjrmkloAGHURKjtluepiutseawdhrjgnradhjjtkuimfnfh
Miss you lotts!
from, Olivia
That is the sweetest thing ever!
Hey- haven't heard from you in a while, are you guys doing good? Let me know. I will call you once we get a phone number!
Post a Comment