Tuesday, June 3, 2008

We own a Home!





Sorry it's been so long since I last posted. We've had a busy few weeks. The most exciting event was the buying of our first home! We closed on the 28th of May and have been spending every waking moment since then, trying to fix it up and meet the requirements for the code inspection. We now have three homes; our apartment, which we will reside in until the end of the month, our new house, and Lowe's. All I can say is thank you stimulus and come again next year!

The new house is coming along slowly but surely. Yesterday we walked in to the smell of mildew and discovered the basement carpet and some of the Sheetrock was wet. We think it's because of all the rain we've been getting, but frankly we have no idea what we're doing so pray for us y'all! I've been living in paint clothes and my hands and arms are covered in a rainbow of colors. (Kay, Abby, and Moley, I did you proud!) I've finished painting none of the rooms, but have definitely marked my territory! David was a real man and went to Lowe's by himself tonight, which is why I get to blog. The other reason is this:

My poor boys! Jacob has been sick with a cold, fever, rash, double ear infection for the last week and he has needed a lot of attention and love. Tonight I went to put Jake down for the night and when he finally fell asleep, I found Caleb outside of his bedroom door. My sweet little man had been waiting so long that he fell asleep on the floor. I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel so guilty when things like this happen. I wish I could give my boys the attention they needed 100% of the time. They are growing up so fast and I feel like I am running behind trying to catch up, but I keep missing things. (For those of you who aren't obsessive control freaks, this is a very difficult thing to accept!) They deserve so much! Man am I glad that they have a great dad that is usually home at night to help me out!

Hmmmmm......Anyway, today at the Dr.'s office there was a little girl there that was just younger than Caleb. She kept trying to take Caleb's book and frankly, just wanted to be in our space. Which I normally wouldn't mind except for the fact that she was there because she was sick! She tried to sit in Caleb's chair and when Caleb told her that he wanted to sit by himself, she climbed off, then proceeded to plant a big kiss right on his lips! The Hussy!!! They just met! I later asked Caleb what he thought about it and he said, "It made me uncomfortable." Yes! I told him it was because he was such a stud, but mommy was the only girl who got to kiss him. Grandmas and aunts can too if they fly out here and visit! All in all, we got the prescription that we went there for, so I would say the trip was a success. Here's to first kisses and drugs!


7 comments:

Nora Mair said...

Your apartment, your new home, and Lowes. he he. Good luck with the painting. And getting Caleb better. There's always more matainence need once there's more than one.

Nancy T said...

Hang in there Amy. It's definitely worth all of the sleeplessness and exhaustion. I had so many moments when I felt like I was letting my children down while trying to get something done, but kids are pretty resiliant...just look how well you turned out!! The pictures are so yummy! You must e-mail me copies (in all your spare time!) Hope Jakey feels better now that he's on medication. Tell Caleb to beware those forward women!

Tammy said...

Congrats again on the house!! i only wish that our house was going so great... we have hit a pretty big wall and I'll let you know in 6 months where we are, we definatly won't be in our new house, but we could be in a different house. sorry about the ear infection! those are rough on everyone involved! I know what you mean about the whole time slipping away, those little hand prints on my TV, windows, piano bench, and walls are just getting bigger and bigger! I want to bottle each day and keep it forever. I wish we could put our kids in a real "time out" and just enjoy them where they are, or at least keep them the way they are for a few days so i could catch up on the dishes, laundry and house cleaning that needs doing! things have gone so much quicker with Jacob and i'm afraid that they'll be lightning fast with Mackenzie, and before i know it all my kids will be grown and gone.
Good luck with the leaky basement!! it me getting prego. with Jacob (you know all the worry, and mama, hormones kick in) to finaly rip the sheet rock off the wall in our basement only to discover a cracked foundation. we have tried ALOT of things the past three years and i have to say i think that after installing a drain (so the water runs away from the house), removeing a tree (again so the water wouldn't run down the roots and in the basement), sealing the crack with tar, then sealer, now some other stuff that is special from canada, we may have stopped the leak this year!! infact we have had an especially wet year and the basement is staying dry for the first spring ever, since we moved in... now we just have to stop the toilet, and kitchen sink from leaking and we'll be set... till we move! : ) -k sorry to ramble on! good luck with everything!

~Tammy

melissa @ 1lbr said...

amyhead, that sounds like lots of adventures rolled into some very busy weeks!

And I sincerely hope that you did not coat your lungs in plastic, or I may have to call Mrs. Clarke!

Michelle said...

I don't think "hussy" is a strong enough word...My goodness. Poor little guys. I always wish I could push pause on all of the kids except one so I can not miss a moment of the others lives while I spend time with one child at a time. I'm always surprised that they wake up the next morning and come directly to me to get a hug and pull me out of bed! they know you love them. That's all that matters!

ansons said...

Wahooooo!!!! Home ownership is great and overwhelming. We have tackled many a project with little idea of how to do it. We are so excited for you. Your boys get plenty of love and attention, but I can totally sympathize with the feelings of inadequacy. I think we're in good company as I haven't met a mom yet who claims to have everything covered 100%. (And tell Caleb his Aunt Amy just might have to come claim her kiss.)

Jenny said...

First of all congrats on the new home and I hope you have fun fixing it up. Sorry your little one has been sick, I know what you mean about missing out on being there for your kids every second. I guess when I think about it I don't really remember much from when I was little and I think we all did turn out okay.