David and I went to an entertaining show on Saturday. One of the guys in David's Barbershop ensemble is a member of an a capella group of about 200 men called the Ambassadors of Harmony. Anyway, he got us tickets for the 2:00 showing on Saturday afternoon. As we sat down I noticed that we were sitting next to a really cute, old couple. David chatted with the man for about 2 minutes and then the show started. As I looked around, I began to notice that there was group of old people in front of us and another group of old people behind us. Then it dawned on me; we were completely surrounded by old people! I thought that it was pretty funny and kind of laughed it off and watched the show. Let me just say that David and I were entertained by not only great music, but a chorus of elderly antics. Here are just a few tips if you ever decide to attend:
1. Bring earplugs. Hearing aids can be really loud and off key when they start to ring.
2. If you have an itch, scratch it! Nothing compares to the friction and noise caused by a good scratch while wearing polyester pants. Especially if it's right in the middle of "Bring Him Home" from Les Mis.
3. If the person next to you starts hacking up a lung, feel free to join in too. You may make them feel bad if you don't.
4. If you appreciate or like something, feel free to "oooh" and "ahh". Just make sure that you do it loud enough so that the performers and everyone in the audience can hear you.
5. Make sure you start early and allow yourself plenty of time to get to the bathroom. Intermission is only extended to 25 minutes instead of the regular 10 minutes, so be prepared to lengthen your shuffle!
6. Be careful of the usher. If he tries to help you up the stairs, don't let him. His new knees may not be able to take it.
7. Be prepared to have a good time. The show is amazing and the voices are incredible!
What I find most entertaining about this experience is the fact that David and I fit right in, minus the hearing loss. (Does selective hearing count?) We both seem to get along better with those in the 65+ age bracket. They are genuine and honest with their expressions and I find it refreshing! Who knows, I may just pick up Bingo every week and win me a new toaster! Opa!
5 comments:
Love #2. I need to wear polyester pants more often.
Randy and I don't qualify for the 65+ so what do we do know? love ya!!
This was a riot! Our neighbors on many sides are all in their 90s! They are so fun (and so FULL of energy, it makes me feel lazy!)
I love the haking up a lung one! Ha ha! What a fun date.
P.S. I'll pay your bingo admission if you'll win ME a toaster. I need anew one.
Those are the best kinds of dates . . . side entertainment plus the main entertainment! :)
I'm not surprised you fit right in, remember your old lady act you did with Donna! "Where is the prune juice?" Ha Ha!
Post a Comment