Jacob and Caleb had their 9 month and 4 year check-ups this week. I finally figured out why Jacob is still waking up 2 or 3 times a night. According to his measurements he is underweight. So ignore those books that say to let your baby cry themselves to sleep after they reach 6 months. I can't imagine how much more underweight he would be if I had done that! I'm not one of those mothers who can let their baby "cry it out" anyway, but I was really relieved that I had fed him so much at night or I would have felt even more guilty than I do now. I was surprised though because I feel like he eats all day and all night long!
Well anyway, the plan of attack is to try and fatten him up with lots of butter and cream every chance I get. I went to the store today and bought a bunch of stuff as well as another antibiotic for the ear infection that has hung around for 3 weeks. No wonder he hasn't been sleeping! My poor little guy. Hopefully, by the end of the week he'll be feeling a lot better. I'll keep you posted.
Caleb did awesome at the Doctor's. He is a healthy little kid and was very brave when he had to get his shots. There were a few tears, but all in all, I'd say it went well. We are going to have to take him to get another eye exam later next month though. During his eye test he struggled a bit and the Dr. thinks that he might need to wear glasses. We'll see.
Anyway, David and I keep plugging away at the house, so hopefully next time I post I'll have some "after" pictures to show. We have our last inspection next week and if everything goes well, we're planning to move in on the 26th and 27th of June. ahhhhh, I am so stressed but way excited. I hope we can get everything done that we need to!
And P.S. Happy Fathers' Day to our cool Dads out there! We love you!
6 comments:
I hated hearing that Abbey was underweight. I especially hated that they considered her 'failure to thrive', I felt SO guilty. Of course you shouldn't feel guilty, but it's just a mothering instinct to want to know your child is being fed! :) It was also hard for me to feel like I couldn't vent my worries about it because well meaning people kept saying 'She's fine, she looks great, don't worry about it'. So if you need to vent, vent to me! Everything turned out fine but I was stressed about every butter coated meal there for a while.
Baby K is waking up several times a night too- it is so frustrating cuz you don't know if they are hungry, having a growth spurt, teething, wet diaper, or they just need to cry it out. I haven't let her cry it out to often yet, but she is a chunker and I doubt she is underweight... so she could just have me trained. I don't know. Both of my kids have their check-ups next month.
Congrat on the house! I can't wait to see pictures. We are FINALLY getting our office done- we just put the bead board and molding up that have been collecting dust in our house for 1 1/2 yrs. :)
Poor little guy! I have some chocolate ice cream for him. you just bring him and aunt Michelle will help you fatten him up!! Caleb would look super cute in glasses. Our neighbor's little boy kept running into walls before they figured out that he needed glasses. glad you caught it early.
Sorry for putting two comments on here but for some reason I watched the video after I posted a comment...OH MY GOSH!!! HE is so cute!
I love the popsicle! And I can't believe that kid is underweight:) How nice to know that there is a reason for his waking up. Mommy instincts are right again and prayers are answered. Hang in there and soon you'll all be sleeping through the night in your new house!
poor baby! that's so sad that his ear infection won't clear up! Olivia just had a visit with a foot Dr. she's been walking pidgeon toed and so i had her looked at turns out that her ligments (sorry i know it's spelled wrong!) are to tight on the inside of her hips and to loose on the outside. she can nearly touch her pinkie toe to ther head without even trying. she had to do streches 3 times a day (basically sit indian style) it really hurts her and i feel so bad! I really feel bad that i didn't notice that she couldn't do it. she just always sat on her knees so and i didn't think anything was wrong. anyway they said if we do it religously that it should be corrected in about 6 months. if not it will start to cause bone structure to change and she'll be permanantly that way. I'm excited that you guys are getting so close to moving! we have been set to move a couple of times and now we're back to looking. we think that we are just going to buy a place till the development across the street is under way, that way we'll have to bring our improvements a lot shorter distance, wich will cost alot less! baby is commin on the 17 or 18 wether she likes it or not. the Dr told me yesterday that he would induce me on the 15 if i hadn't had her by then. but Eric's work needs him on wed's so it would be more better for us to wait till thur or friday. I wish we were in our new house for the baby comming. i guesss there is still a small possability but it's looking less and less like it could really happen. we are going to see some town homes that i'm reallly excited about tomarrow. so i hope we can find somthin we like that's in our price range! ok sorry to go on and on! good luck with the move! and feed that baby : )
Post a Comment