Friday, February 15, 2008

FREEDOM!

We are officially a two-car family! Hooray for life outside of an apartment. I actually feel like I can be part of society again. I can even go to the library during the day!!!! I'm still amazed at how different things look in the sunlight.
So, the car. His name is Tony the Tercell and he was born in 1989. We adopted him from a chain-smoking (literally) man who lived in a city that David and I would refer to as an "ell ole" Let's just say we were happy to get home after that excursion. Anyway, who knew that $800 would buy so much happiness? I sort of feel like a cloud has been lifted off of me and I can participate in life again. So, as soon as we get through the jungle of registering a salvaged car in Missouri, I can drive without having to worry about a very complicated car-seat-shuffle and living on everyone elses' time. Thank you, David, for loving me enough to drive that thing!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah! I hope it works great for you! We miss you guys!

melissa @ 1lbr said...

What a relief! I am glad to see you can emerge into the sunlight again (I almost felt this way, because I don't have a window at work...gets kinda depressing :)

Tammy said...

Finally you have waited sooo long you deserve it! as you know Eric's little nissan truck went cupput and so we also have a new-to-us vehicle. it's a truck and we didn't get near as good a steal as you guys did on yours but we don't feel entirely ripped off about it either. it's the nices vehicle that he has had and so i'm glad that he can drive a more reliable car, but can you beleive the GAS $$$ !!!! : )

Jenny said...

Yay, congrats on the car. So glad you can get out again.

Growing-up-walker said...

Yeah! I am so Happy for you guys!. It was so fun to talk to you the other day. I am so glad that things are falling into place for you guys. You deserve it.