October is a busy month for us. David just finished a 3 week shutdown at the temple. He did all his big projects and worked with the contractors to get some of the outside stuff accomplished. Now he has moved on to flower planting. This means very long days for 2 weeks. I feel like a single parent and have wracked my brain on how to keep myself and the kids sane. Today we decided to make sock puppets. Caleb wasn't that interested so he decided to go on a squirrel hunt instead. I love how the puppets turned out! I burned my pinkie really badly with the hot glue gun, but that's basically a usual for me. I am always burning myself.
2 comments:
Jason is doing concerts all week so I'm a single mother too. Here's stuff that we do: I made that gak recipe from pinterest. It uses liquid starch that you can buy it Walmart. (It has to be the stayflo brand). It was an AWESOME sensory thing. the kids loved it. I read Harry Potter out loud while they play quiet stuff like legos. Stupid Wii. Park. stupid tv. Let the kids sleep in the family room with a movie so they can go to bed early...bake, plus those tracing pages you reminded me of were a HIT. How did your kids like them? Oh yes, and we CLEAN. Because I'm a dork and when Jason is gone I suddenly have a need to get my house in ORDER. And kill all the spiders. (Or have the kids do it because Jason isn't there...)
This is me, most days of the week! It's almost second nature now. We do lots of sensory play, lots of walks/bike rides, feed ducks at the pond, go to the park, play-doh, bake, clean, organize, go to museums and go crazy. Sometimes I have high expectations and things don't go as planned... Yep nothings perfect. The sock puppet idea was creative :)
We should find out about the national anthem thing with in 3 weeks Marc said. And I was the LUCKY one to push the timer and run into place. Good times!! :D
Post a Comment