I was so excited for LDS General Conference weekend this fall. Well, I am excited for it every time it comes around! It was really nice to be together as a family, do a puzzle, eat good food with friends, make funny, traceable cartoons, read books, clean up the yard, and last but certainly not least, listen to the inspired revelations from our church leaders. We are so blessed to be able to hear their messages every six months and I love reading over the talks again when the conference issue of the Ensign comes out. I can never catch everything the first time around. My favorite talks this time were Elder Scott's talk, Elder Oak's talk, and Elder Holland's talk. And I really can't say that there is ever a time when President Uchtdorf gives a talk that I don't absolutely love it, so I am going to add his too, including his address in the Women's conference. I really felt the spirit and took so much away from this conference. It helped me gain perspective about my trials and blessings. Always a good thing! :) Just 6 months until the next one!
The pictures above are Jacob the falcon in his "nest", Caleb learning to pressure wash the porch, Caleb doing a traceable cartoon and David reading Emmy a million stories.
Emmy and I have been having fun adventures while the boys are in school. Our wonderful neighbors who have three girls, gave Emmy a scooter, roller skates and a bicycle. It rained for about 2 weeks straight so we decided to try them out inside. Mix that with potty training and a few trips around to the train store and park, and Em was a happy camper. She was sad one afternoon that she couldn't go swimming outside, so she went swimming in the bathtub instead.

I had the pleasure of knowing the sweetest little girl named Annika. She was one of my little sunbeams in primary and was everyone's favorite friend. She recently passed away from Neuroblastoma. We, as a primary, gave her family this picture of the St. Louis Temple. I had them print "a family is forever" from the Primary song, I Love to See the Temple. They are an amazing family and I know they believe they will be with Annika again. I believe they will too.
1 comment:
Ha ha, emmy in her Rollerskating "outfit." I loved the frame and picture. My kids were OBSESSED with the tracing stuff, thanks for the idea!
Post a Comment