We also wanted to try out one of St. Louis' famous restaurants called Crown Candy Kitchen. It was featured on the Travel Channel and we had an interesting time squeezing into their tiny booths. The food more than made up for it though. David and I adopted a pure gluttonous attitude and shared a Heart Stopping BLT. Oh my! It was tasty!
http://www.travelchannel.com/video/we-leave-no-bacon-behind
We had the chance to see the Cards play the Dodgers from the nosebleed seats! I love the view of the field from up there! It was a beautiful night and so pleasant to be surrounded by my favorite baseball fans. There is nothing like a good baseball game on a warm summer night!
I took the kids to the library for one of their programs, called Whiskers and Tales. It's a fantastic way for kids to embrace reading while having fun with some 4-legged friends. All the dogs are therapy dogs and it was so fun to see my kids' personalities come through as they chose which dog they wanted to read to. Emmy chose the biggest, fluffiest dog, while Jake chose a quiet, little one. Caleb chose a cute medium sized mutt that I wanted to take home right then and there. They sat and read books and chatted with the dogs' sweet owners. After that, they got to take home a free book.
No comments:
Post a Comment