Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Fishing and Mark Twain

We decided to head up to our friends' house for the weekend. They live up by Mark Twain Lakes, which is about 2 hours north of us. They were so kind to let us hang out for a few days and feel like part of the family. Mama Preston fed us some delicious food and we had lots of "showers". The rain kind, that is. I have never gotten so soaked, so fast in my life. It was great! We went boating on the lake (one of the showers) and fishing on the pond. I think I could have stayed there and fished all day but David and the kids get bored a little quicker than I do.

The drive up was beautiful. I honestly think that they live in one of the most beautiful places on earth. The clouds in the sky were amazing and the wild flowers that were blooming along the side of the road were so frequent and vibrant! I love all the corn and soybean fields and rolling hills. I will definitely miss that if we ever move away from Missouri.
 photo 1.jpg

 photo 2.jpg

 photo 3.jpg

 photo P1013108.jpg

 photo 65423644-53ba-487e-8b77-291bdf831296.jpg

1 comment:

Marc and Liz Anson said...

So fun and such a Beautiful place!