I thought I would document a little bit about what has been going on around here, as of late. I am not a huge fan of February, (I tend to get into what I call the February Funk) but I have enjoyed helping Jacob get ready for his Friendship party at school. Why they can't just call it a Valentines' Day party is beside me, but to each his own. They were required to just write their name under the "from" column and no name on the "to" column for easier delivery. I was a little bummed to find out they wouldn't be decorating mailboxes or bags to collect their valentines in. I remember doing that every year in school and having a contest in class to see who had the best, most interesting or clever designs. I LOVED it! It was definitely one of the highlights of the year and I wish that my children could participate in the tradition too. Who knows, maybe next year I will get on my "good mommy" ball and do something like that here at home but I think it would be way more fun at school.
PS Check out Jacob's tripod grasp! He is doing a lot better with his writing skills. He spent quite a lot of time trying to make each letter perfect for his friends at school.
Hmm....What can I say about this cute little face? Well, she has cut three teeth in a week and last night wasn't pretty, I will tell you that. Most nights I handle things pretty well but every few weeks or so, my patience wavers and I lose it. Thankfully I can just lay her in her bed and David takes over. He is such a good help to me and I would be lost without him.
Emeline is doing well in nursery and she only really cries in there if there are other children upset. She still makes friends wherever she goes and loves to say bye to people as they are leaving the grocery store. She is really into shapes and balls and Dora right now. Why must every child go through a Dora phase, and why must Dora shout everything? These are questions I have been pondering lately. Emeline is my little "skippy".
The weather has been funky. One day we will have snow and the next sunshine. On Sunday, the clouds were gorgeous and I had David put the ladder up so I could stand on the roof to get a good picture when the sun set. Unfortunately, all the clouds had dissipated by then and I didn't get my "shot" but we sure enjoyed watching these fluffy things fly through the sky!
The girls have been laying more eggs lately and it has been so fun to check the egg box every day. Aren't the eggs pretty?! I love the little brown speckles on Ginger's eggs. I am thinking within the next few weeks we should start getting 4-5 per day. Chickens need sunlight to lay and with the spring weather headed our way, I am optimistic they will all be laying again soon. We are thinking we might try to hatch some fertilized eggs but we shall see.
Caleb does a good job taking care of them everyday and has his own form of chicken language. We have been reading the Laura Ingalls Wilder series together and he has loved hearing how they farmed in those days. He certainly would have liked the farm cooked meals. Every time we read a description of the food, he literally salivates. He has a hollow leg and eats everything put in front of him. He is growing quickly and I can barely keep him clothed!

We were in a car accident a few weeks ago (no one was hurt) and finally were able to get our van into the shop this week. Thankfully, the lady who hit us had insurance and we are now driving a brand new Town and Country minivan for our rental. It's sweet! Caleb even wanted to skip riding the bus this morning so he could ride in it to school. It will definitely be a bummer when we have to return it at the end of the week. ..Sigh... Oh well, I am always worried it will get dinged or scratched and when the lady hit us in our own van, I barely batted an eye. It's probably good for my anxiety level to never own a new car so I am OK with it, but it sure has been fun to drive this one for a bit.
David went to a conference for work and learned how to give trees shots. Now he considers himself a tree doctor. It's great. Now I guess we finally fit into this medical area that we live in. Ü We are surrounded by doctors and med students and sometimes we feel a little out of place with all the medical lingo but that's OK. We like to be different. We really do feel blessed to know so many smart, talented and dedicated people.
6 comments:
Donna has always referred to it as the "February Blahs" and I couldn't agree more, maybe it's genetic?:) Thankfully it's a short month.
I totally felt the same way when we had our rental. Then we had that "awesome" camping experience with the rental and was SO glad it was a rental because I didn't have to clean it, someone else did. Though I did feel guilty when we dropped it off.
So glad I'm not the only one who thinks that Dora SHOUTS a lot! It's annoying.
The week your car was in the shop, our car wasn't starting, Dave's had a flat tire, and Kristen and Ron were using mom's car to get a part for their car. Oh and Richard's washer broke. Everybodys stuff got fixed though. I thought it was funny. Ummm...at the end of Diego, he literally says "everybody SCREAM ___ fill in the blank what ever the topic for the episode was". I took Jane to the dr. for a check up and Dr Wise said she grew 2 inches in 3 months. Feed the child, fatten them up!
So Ashlyn hasnt gone through a Dora stage because I refuse to let her watch it. We watch strawberry shortcake, my little poney and teenage mutant ninja turtles. All the classics remade I love it! I find myself getting excited for a new episode. And its not just because I have seen the others 10 times already.
and P.S. I LOVE FEBRUARY!! But we have alot of birthdays to get us through the blues at our house.
I would love fresh eggs. That's so cool that Caleb likes learning about farm lifestyle - I want my kids to have some experience like raising chickens or growing a big garden sometime too.
Tree's have shots! Who'd have thought it.
Sorry about your van, I totally feel for you. I'm scared to buy a new car someday (maybe we never will) just because I think it will get damaged it's first week or something.
Post a Comment