Check out this display! The bishop's wife made it and I totally thought it deserved a picture.

I loved watching all of the little kids' faces as they watched the cars race!
Jake was having a good time, sitting a bit apart from the crowd, (it was wild in there!) but loving every minute of it too. He can't wait until he gets to make a car of his own. I want to make one too, to be honest!
Okay, these two were hilarious! Caleb and his friend Hadyn seemed to be paired up against each other a lot. One was just a bit more anxious about it than the other.
But alas, someone had to win and someone had to lose.
Ahh! Glorious defeat! Unfortunately Caleb placed 2nd in almost every race and got eliminated quickly, but he said he still had fun.

On a side note, Caleb tied his very first bowtie on Sunday! Pretty exciting stuff going on here at our house! He was so proud of himself and I think he did a fabulous job. Most of our young men's group in our ward wears bowties too now. I remember thinking when I initially saw David wearing his bowtie, how strange it was. It has since grown on me, to say the least, and I am excited for my boys to carry on the tradition. Jake has even worn one to church a few times and that is saying something since I can count on one hand the amount of times he has worn anything around that neck of his!
2 comments:
Handsome boys!
He tied it himself!? I don't think my husband can do that.
I love the car photos. I entered the byusa pinewood derby race one year and didn't win anything (not enough pennies in the carved out bottom for weight), but it had a sticker of Glenda the good witch and I called it the celestial special after a bike my dad had on his mission. Those races are so fun.
Post a Comment