Thursday, October 6, 2011

A Visit from Grandma and Papa T

My parents drove out for a visit and were able to be here for conference weekend. If you don't know what conference weekend is, click here.
We were so excited and my dad was able to meet Emmy for the first time. It was so nice to have them around and to just relax together. David had to work because it was flower ripping out/planting week at the temple, but my mom, Emmy and I were able to go shopping at the Antique Mall and the boys were in heaven watching lots of movies with Papa.

Isn't she a Beaut? My dad took pity on me and got us a new toilet. Can we say
A-W-E-S-O-M-E! I have loathed our black toilet ever since we moved into this house and now I am rid of it forever, thanks to big trash pick-up day and the wonderful toilet installing skills of Papa Bruce and David.
We wanted to visit Powder Valley Reserve but realized once we got there that the building was closed on Mondays. I am still not used to everything here being closed on Monday, but we took advantage of the trails and went for a walk on the "Long Loop" instead. The weather was beautiful and we even saw some deer on the way.

I love that my parents still hold hands. How cute are they? Tender!
Caleb is all about board games lately. I found an original version of CLUE the other day at a flea market and we were excited to find out that only one piece was missing. And what would conference weekend be like without a puzzle? Oh, and conference was great too!Ü My favorite talks this year were:
Pres. Uchtdorf's talk during the Relief Society Session and Sister Elaine Dalton. We were so excited to hear about the new temple in Star Valley, Wyoming and the Provo Tabernacle being turned into a temple. Conference time is so exciting and I love to hear the messages from our General and Priesthood leaders.
No trip to St. Louis would be complete for my dad without a visit to Pappy's Smokehouse. He would drive the 21 hours straight from Utah just to eat there. Let me just say this trip did not disappoint. We went, we ate and will never be hungry again!
We laughed so hard because they sat us at the "Big Boy" table. It was about six inches higher than all the others and we assume that it was for larger people. The boys could barely see over the top!




8 comments:

Michelle said...

So so so sooooooo jealous and MAD that mom didn't bring Emmy or the boys home in her suitcase! Um...I like the naked Emmy picture. In the immortal words of our James cousins: "Presh".

Michelle said...

PS Can I have your baby?

Michelle said...

PPS Want to come visit me with your whole family? It's lonely here.

Michelle said...

ppps I like your picture wall color and pictures in your kitchen

Michelle said...

PPPPS Can I have your baby?

Melissa said...

Parents are the best! Your parents rock for driving all the way out there!

Marla said...

Congratulations on the new toilet! Just my opinion though, I think you should have gone with a French bidet! ;) When are we going back to Paris?

Marc and Liz Anson said...

Yay! No more black toilet :)