Thursday, April 7, 2011

Update from a slacker

Baby at 29 weeks. Our first look at her face! Every time I have an ultrasound she looks away the entire time. This time she decided to look right at us and the doc caught it on film. My doctor said she was being very dainty by keeping her knees together. It's kind of hard to make it out but I think she might have my chinÜ
Jake being a "slug" after bath time. He loves to get wrapped in his towel and lie on the floor in my room. Is that the right way to say it? Is it "lie" or "lay"? I need to brush up on my "Freaking Fabulous" mom.
He has also been really big into super heroes lately, especially Batman. I downloaded the original theme song from batman on my Ipod and can get him to do anything if I play it for him. He gets this intense look on his face and sprints out of the room to do his task. I think he has worn his cape everywhere for the past two weeks. I love this stage in his life and am really enjoying seeing his personality develop. He is a very determined little boy and I love that about him.
Baby at 20 weeks. I haven't taken a recent picture so this is what you all get. Needless to say, I have gained more weight since then and it continues to be on the rise. I just can't lay off the sugar! I think this little girl will be the sweetest baby ever.
Caleb and his lost tooth!
Caleb's tooth has been loose for about three months and we finally got it out. Now he has got the cutest lisp I have ever heard! I keep making him say words with 's' in them so I can hear it. I know, mean, but oh so fun! I can't stand it! The other day we were watching General Conference and David sent him up with a message. He came running up the stairs and said,

"Mom! Dad thaid I can thnuggle with him during the nexth thethion!"

I about died laughing! (While he wasn't looking, of course.) He's not self conscious about it yet so it is still so adorable.

He is such a wonderful son and is the most kind-hearted and generous person I know.


6 comments:

Melissa Rozeski said...

How exciting for you guys!! You look amazing as usual. I hope things are going well in good old Fenton, MO.

Michelle said...

Um...I LOVE the little bum chin! What a cute little girl. There's something about her that reminds me of caleb. Her cheeks maybe? I miss 'ol blue eyes and Bubbs. They're sure getting grown up.

PS Pictures of the nursery please...

Donna and Bevan said...

What wonderful pictures! You still look great! And that baby... she's going to be a doll!

Nora Mair said...

Your kids are cute and you're doing so well. Congrats on the baby!

Shelley said...

Look How cute you are. I am sooo excitd to meet this little girl.

Tammy said...

love the little baby tummy, LOVE the little LISP story, we havn't lost a top tooth yet, but here's hoping it happens soon, you should know (can't remember if i told you or not) but I'm growing a little baby belly of my own... we're about 15 weeks. :) and sick sick sick.... :P