Friday, April 15, 2011

Tour of Le Nursery for the Sister

I have spent the past few weeks figuring out how to make a 9' X 9' room include an office and a nursery for a little girl. It has been a fun challenge and I have enjoyed every minute of it.

Above is the rug I crocheted from old sheets ripped into strips. I also made the pillow with a pink and white gingham trim. You can't really see the trim in the picture but I am so excited how they turned out!
I LOVE this gorgeous quilt my mom made for the baby. I wish you could see the quilting design in the picture. It has a beautiful flower and swirl pattern on it. Mom, I seriously started crying when I got it in the mail! I am going to add some more accessories to the shelf above the bed. Don't know quite what yet. Any suggestions? I found the beautiful teapot at an antique store and knew it had to be a part of the room.
Jake was a great helper today. The frame behind the car seat is an old antique window frame that I will eventually use to frame some book illustrations.
Pleated bed skirt above and "faux" crystal mobile below. Love that I just used the word "faux". Is that even how you spell it? I don't think I have ever even used that word for the boys!
It occurred to me this week that I haven't even made her a blanket yet. Hancock is having a huge sale this weekend and it is calling my name. I am so grateful for how everything is coming together and we cannot wait to meet our new little girl!

13 comments:

Nancy T said...

Amy, you have done an amazing job putting together such a beautiful room on a tight budget. You are so creative and talented. Beautiful job. I'm proud of you!

Marc and Liz Anson said...

I love your eye for decorating! I love everything in it! Can't wait to see my new niece in it :)

melissa @ 1lbr said...

This totally makes me want to go decorate a nursery...all we need is a baby! :)

ansons said...

Wow! I LOVE IT! We are so excited to see it in person this summer. And yes, you spelled "faux" right. It is a great word:)

Ansonville Homepage said...

I think the only thing missing is the little princess! You guys are such good kids. We sure are happy for your soon to arrive bundle. I am very sure she will be very happy and very welcomed by her two brothers. Please let everyone know we said hey! Looking forward to this summer...

Tina said...

It all looks so cute! You've done a great job, Amy. I love the rug.

Marla said...

The room is beautiful! I can't believe you made the rug from old sheets. It is adorable! You are a talented decorator...can you come do my house now??

Precept said...

that is an amazing carpet. who knew you could do that, miss hider of your talents. Emily is sure to love such a sweet room

Precept said...

opps, sorry, forgot to sign out of my letterboxing name. Heather Brimhall

Jeffrey and Monica said...

The room is darling and I'm blown away that you made that rug!

Lynseylou said...

So Dang cute! I am so excited for you! I love the colors you choose! I need your address though so I can send a baby gift. So email me or something so I can get it there!

Kay said...

I all looks so adorable Amyhead! I'm so excited for you.

Tammy said...

how exciting! the nursery is super cute! i love the rug, you'll have to teach me, we're always wearing out sheets and i could use a few cute rugs like that! :) ps LOVE THAT YOU USED "FAUX"... and i don't know how to spell it either but FUN FUN! :)