Saturday, December 1, 2007

Random Stuff



Grandma Anson sent us a big package full of surprises for Christmas. It was fun to find it outside our door one day and when we opened it up, Caleb was thrilled to find it also full of packing peanuts. I went to change in the other room and when I came back, he was busy dumping them all over the floor. This is him trying to clean up the mess, but somehow it just kept spreading. Who invented those things anyway?!





So this is actually a teething toy, but we were bored okay! Jacob was good enough to humor me and Caleb the other afternoon. Poor child. What will we think of next?


I didn't have a lot of money to spend on decorations this year, but I didn't want to spend a lot anyway because we're spending most of the month in Utah. It usually ends up being better that way though, because it forces me to get creative. I wanted a specific wreath but I couldn't find it anywhere so I decided to make one. Right behind our apartment are the woods where I cut a bunch of tree branches. I bought the berries and added the rest to make what I wanted. I really like how it turned out. I think it really spices up our door!

Anyway, those are some random things that we have been up to lately. Not too much to report, except that we're excited to go on vacation soon and visit family and friends. Have a great weekend everyone!

6 comments:

Melissa Rozeski said...

Ok, I'm super impressed by your craftiness!!! My kids always like the packaging better than the actual stuff too! It's sad that the only way I seem to talk to you is through blogs. If you are feeling bored, please call me, we can pick you up and you can hang out with us!

Marc and Liz Anson said...

I love the wreath it's beautiful! When Rachel got a box from my mom filled with the peanuts it was her favorite part too. We played with them for a while then I ended up picking them up for days. But she was happy :)

Michelle said...

Martha Stewart caliber. Five stars. Perfect 10. What else can I say?

Growing-up-walker said...

Love the wreath. You have always been so talented and never cease to amaze me. Oh, I commented on your thankful blog, but I forgot something. I am thankful that they are starting production on twilight this Feb. He he he. Why do we even bother to buy toys. When all our kids need is a box and peanuts. Why is it that children always do exactly what they are not supposed to? Kimball finds everything he is not supposed to get into. He crawled up on my yarn basket by my bed and up onto my night stand. He got into all sorts of goodies. I will have to send you a picture. It is amazing how fast they learn to get around and over things. I might as well stop trying to keep him out of things. He alsways finds a way. Then he gives me that killer smile and who can be mad at that? Anyway. David and I enjoyed talking to you guys on Sun. I hope you had fun at your activity that night.

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Amy head you still got the skills! BTW, I figured out I could comment if I used my husband's account. I love the wreath and I saw one kinda similar in Target - only it cost way more that yours did probably and doesn't look as beautiful - maybe you should sell them!

Melissa said...

Hey Amy.
It's your cousin Melissa.
Your kids are sooo cute!