Tuesday, December 11, 2007

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas?

Sunday morning we woke up to an ice storm. Which, to anyone from Missouri, is no surprise at this time of year. I was certainly surprised though, having never seen anything like it before. It's pretty harsh, but incredibly beautiful. I couldn't take a picture to do it justice. We had snow for about an afternoon but it didn't stick to the ground. I don't know how sledding down a hill full of ice would go, but it certainly gives new meaning to the sport of ice blocking doesn't it? We are really looking forward to some good 'ole Utah snow. (There is some there, isn't there?)

So, great news! Jacob has only awaken once a night for the past two nights. Hurray! Of course, those were the nights Caleb decided to get out of his bed five times for absolutely no reason, but hey, it's progress and we'll certainly take what we can get. GO JACOB!

David and I just got new callings in our ward. David got called to be a primary teacher and I got called to be the magazine specialist. Oh yeah! Nothing too difficult. We are excited to finally have callings. I was feeling a little weird not having one for so long. It's been nice for me though, because it's given me the chance to get used to taking care of two children, and it's helped me figure out and settle into my groove.

Happy Holiday!

5 comments:

Growing-up-walker said...

David has told me about those ice storms. He served in Alabama on his mission and he said that it didn't even matter if you'd wear a coat. The cold went right through it. He said you can't explain it as well as seeing it for yourself.
Yeah for Jacob! Kiball the last two nights has slept for 12 hours. It has been wonderful. We are so excited to see you guys. It wont be long. We hope all is well.

Unknown said...

We had ice storms in Washington too. In 96, there was one so bad that Spokane was basically shut down for an entire week.Most businesses were closed and there wasn't any power. My nephew was born 9 months later...It's amazing what people find to do when there is nothing else to do. :)

Michelle said...

There you are! I thought maybe you had died in the ice storm. I posted 3 times but, nothing from you. For shame! For a long time my kids were all sleeping through the night until 8:00. Now we're night potty training Jane and Lizzy. Time to get up again...

Sharon said...

It's nice to know someone understands ice storms, it's amazing but I definitely miss the Utah powder! Yea for the midwest winters! Yea for your little guy sleeping through the night. It took our little sumo (Matthew) forever! Merry Christmas!

Jenny said...

Hi Amy, found your blog through Natalie's. Thought I would make the rounds and say Merry Christmas to everyone. So you guys are coming out for Christmas? Hope you are doing well with new home, new baby etc. Your kids do look so cute, you guys are a cute family. Merry Christmas. Love you guys.