Monday, November 19, 2007

Thankful Thoughts

So, the holiday season has got me thinking. What am I thankful for? Here are some of my thoughts: I am thankful for those moments in the middle of the night when David and I are exhausted and I get a giant smile from my beautiful, healthy baby. Who needs sleep anyway? I'm thankful I can create things, and when a project I'm working on goes just the way I imagined it. I'm grateful for chocolate. I'm thankful for a loving husband who treats me like I'm something special and who actually believes it. I'm grateful for loving parents who still sacrifice for my happiness even though I'm a "grown up". I'm thankful for the show "Super Why?" for 2 reasons; Caleb is entertained for 30 minutes while I blog, and the fact that he can now recite and recognize the entire alphabet (often repeatedly, over and over and over and over.......). I'm thankful for mapquest.com so that I can find my way around a new city not inspired enough to have been built on the grid system. I'm grateful for my prescription sunglasses that save my face from more squinting wrinkles and headaches. I'm grateful for the generosity of good women who see my need for friendship and acceptance, and who drive me and my children around in their wonderful minivans. I'm grateful for minivans. I'm thankful for temples. I'm thankful for missionaries who know why they're on missions and who can pass along pass-along cards when I just can't figure out how to. I'm thankful for beautiful things and that they make me stop and feel thankful. I'm thankful for good back rubs and really funny movies. I am really thankful for sleep. I'm thankful for the internet that lets a girl without a car do some shopping and communicate with family and friends. I'm thankful for technology, "Oh yes, I love technology". I'm thankful for blow dryers, Lysol wipes and magic erasers. I'm grateful for my testimony, a loving Heavenly Father and for Jesus Christ, my Savior. What are you thankful for?


2 comments:

Melissa Rozeski said...

I am thankful that you guys moved in. You both are so positive about life! I love to watch you with your boys, you are so sweet to them and just seem to beam as a mother. I like to surround myself with people like you because I feel like it helps me stay on track! Loved the pictures!

Growing-up-walker said...

I know I haven't checked your blog in a little while, but it is funny that I did tocday and read this one. Dave asked me last night if I was happy. I thought for a moment and said yes. He said what for? I said I am happy that you love me, I am happy that we have a beautiful baby boy, I am happy that we are all together and apart of the gospel. He then said, "are you happy with you?" that took me a minute, becuase you know how I am with my appearance, but then I said I am happy that I have ten toes, ten fingers, two feet, two legs, two hands, two arms, two eyes that can see, two ears that can hear,a mouth to speak,a nose to smell, and I am reasonably healthy. So I guess I am happy with myself. I guess what I am getting at is I am thankful to be alive and live life to its fullest with my family. What else could a girl ask for? Oh, and I am thankful for all the other things you mentioned. I am also thankful for your friendship.