Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Just another snow day...

Snow days. I feel like they will never end! January seems to go on forever anyway, but add two weeks worth of snow days on top of that, and you get an insane mother. The kids are getting sick of being inside and I am sick of trying to keep them entertained. It's time to get creative. I decided to interview each of the kids today and asked them each a bunch of questions. Here are their answers:


Favorites:
Emeline
Jacob
Caleb
Food
Bananas, CheeseSticks
Meatballs
Scones
Treat
Pink
Sweet tarts, donuts
Brownies, chocolate
Movie
Pingu
Ninjago
Despicable Me 2
Book
Pink
Ninja
Unwanteds, series
Sport
Trampoline
Karate
Baseball
Toy
Dollies, Puzzles
airplanes
iPod
Subject in School
Coloring
P.E.
Science
Cookie
Pink with icing
Sugar cookies
Chocolate
Vacation
Beach
Beach
Atlanta, Beach
Where would you go?
Tree Tops
Great Wall of China
Europe
Primary Song
I am a Child of God
Praise to the Man
When I am Baptized
Best Friend
Reindeers
John
Sean and Cole
Month
March
August
June
Holiday
Halloween
Easter
Christmas
Color
Pink
Gold, Silver, Bronze
Neon Green
Animal
Penguins
Wild Cats, Falcon
Chicken
Game or Wii game
Don’t eat Pete
Clone Wars
Wii Resort
To Do
Dance
Play Wii
media
Season
Fall
Summer
spring
Restaurant
French Fries
Wendy’s
Wendy’s, JBGoods
Weight
30 Lbs.
40 Lbs.
65 Lbs.
 
 
 
 

 I think it's fun to do this every once in a while. Their answers change so much as they grow and develop new interests.
I bought Caleb pants just last month and he is already almost grown out of them. He just started playing basketball at the YMCA and likes it so far. He is getting really good at making rubber band bracelets and loves to be helpful at home. He has such a kind heart and tries to be so considerate. He has read so many books this year we lost count. He now has a Goodreads page and he has been enjoying adding books to that. I like to tease him about kissing girls at school and he blushes such a bright red it makes me giggle. The truth is, he is friends with everyone, boys and girls, and is a righteous example to all of them. 

 photo caleb.jpg

 photo P1012286resized.jpg  
Jacob is thriving. I think that is the perfect word for him. He enjoys everything and has a very positive attitude. When I ask him how things are going, he always answers with a loud "Awesome!". He gets very intense with everything he does and has so much energy. He usually falls right asleep the moment his head hits the pillow at night. He copes with his trials so well and inspires me everyday.  He has the best smiles!
 photo jake-1.jpg
 photo P1012244resized.jpg           photo jacobdavidresized.jpg  
Emeline. She is a whirl of adventure. She likes to test our limits and is very good at getting what she wants. She is so smart and knows her numbers and letters already. She loves to be with people and is very talkative. She still struggles with sleeping at night but she has her good nights and we are so grateful for them when we get them. She is a girly girl and loves to dance, sing and giggle. She is my Skippy Delight.
 photo em2.jpg

 photo embampw.jpg

5 comments:

Shelley said...

Amy your little ones are adorable and you and David are such great parents. I love your blog Thanks for sharing.

Marc and Liz Anson said...

I love this post! I too love to interview my kiddos & learn about their interests, some answers make me giggle :) and I hear ya about going stir crazy! My kiddos have 3 weeks off in a row -i think we almost didn't survive ....

Carly G. said...

Cute pictures! Sorry about being cooped up...it really is the worst.

Carly G. said...

Cute pictures! Sorry about being cooped up...it really is the worst.

Donna and Bevan said...

What a great idea! Pingu? Anna loves those shows too! Your photography skills are incredible!