Well they cancelled church meetings again yesterday and school again this morning. I figured since we had no where to go that I would bake some bread for us and the neighbors. There is nothing like fresh bread to cheer people up.
The boys decided to play their own version of Curling. It was very entertaining! They were very serious about it.
Caleb wrote a talk for our own family sacrament meeting. I was so impressed by his beautiful testimony. He is such an amazing son.
Valentine's Day came and went. I made the kids these pancakes that I found on Pinterest. They liked them, but Emmy LOVED the box of Sweetarts even more. David brought me home some mini daffodils and I made him a delectable chicken dinner. He got called back into work for snow removal, right before dinner, and I was a bit ornery about it. Thankfully, he only had to stay about an hour and made it home in time to eat with us.
I love him! We usually look like this first picture below because of Emmy's sleeping issues. He is the best husband ever and gets up with her 90% of the time. I couldn't do this parenting thing without him.
I found Emmy down on my pile of clean clothes the other day. She gets so worn out because she is awake so much at night. It's a hard balance between helping her get enough total sleep and trying to encourage her to sleep at night and not so much during the day. I think we are all just plain tired!
I woke up to this sunrise a few weeks ago. I love all the colors! It was a nice reward for getting out of bed and helped me to feel Heavenly Father's love for me.
The Olympics also came a went. We love watching the events and like to have at least one authentic dish from the host country. This time I made a Russian cake called Bird's Milk Cake. Super random name and it tasted OK but I don't think I will be making it again. Ü
I took Emmy to a playgroup at a neat, nature center. She had fun with her little friends Emily and Peter. It was so nice to get out and socialize a bit. Emmy is a little social butterfly.

I just joined a project that my cousin is heading up, called Projectsconnect2014. It is an amazing idea and I was so excited to be a part of it. Here is the link to the blog:
Projectsconnect2014
I report on the 23rd of each month. I have really enjoyed reading about women accomplishing goals and having a positive influence on those around them. It is incredibly inspiring and I hope to improve myself a bit and be inspiring to my own little family.
1 comment:
Don't worry! We all had a case of the "Febraury Blahs"! Just when you think that spring has forgotten about us... I saw crosuses yesterday and it made me happy. It's March now and all is well! You can make it!
Post a Comment