Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Party



Okay, here she is blowing out her candles. Sorry that we can't sing in the same key!

Emmy had a good birthday and enjoyed opening her presents this year. It was fun to see how excited she got when she was the center of attention. She was a sweetheart all day and ended the day by waking up six times last night. Sheesh. She has been doing so much better with her sleeping lately but it is still a work in progress. She grew a ton this year, which I believe is very normal, but I was still shocked when I saw exactly how much. No wonder she had horrific growing pains in her legs. She is our sunshine and our little menace. She is a tease and very persistent and has the saddest crocodile tears that I have ever seen. She loves nursery and friends, but not sharing with them. She is beautiful.

 photo P6179478.jpg  photo P6179485.jpg  photo P6179490.jpg  photo P6179496.jpg  photo P6179501.jpg  photo P6179505.jpg

We had a busy weekend. Before Emmy's birthday on Monday, David and Alyson came down from Iowa to visit and we were so happy to have them. We took a quick trip to the zoo and Forest Park for a picnic on Saturday morning. We decided that it was humid and came home to have a nap. After everyone had a rest, we thought we were refreshed enough for Fritz's Frozen Custard. Before dinner. Then we headed over to Valley Park field to watch Caleb's baseball team play.  It was a good effort and Caleb played well. I left early to get dinner ready (they always schedule games at dinner time. irk!) and have it ready when everyone got home. We ate and the kids had a blast getting to know their Aunt and Uncle a little bit (or a lot) better. They love them Ü We also got to share Fathers' Day with them and take them to church with us. It was a good day if you didn't count the car issue on their way home. Prayer works!

 photo P6149440.jpg   photo P6149447.jpg  photo P6149464.jpg   photo P6149466.jpg  photo P6149477.jpg

So anyway, it was really nice to have family around, especially on a holiday when you think about your family a lot! Please come again soon. I promise I will find out who short-sheeted your bed. Honest.

And Happy Fathers' Day to my magnificent Dad, Father-in-law, and David. Truly, there are no better examples of good men. I love you.


3 comments:

Michelle said...

OK. So, i just watched the video with no sound because this computer has no speakers and that was the cutest thing ever! I like your perfectly iced cake, but I think my fave is the picture of her expression when shes pushing the meow button on that book. HA HA!

Marc and Liz Anson said...

Super cute!! Happy birthday Emmy :) Hannah totally loved the videos of Emmy. She kept saying "They sing happy birthday to her!"

Nancy T said...

I love the look of sheer joy after blowing out her candles. Thanks for all the photos! I miss you all!