Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween-ween

This year's Halloween was all about the ninjas! We started the festivities by carving pumpkins for Family Home Evening. Caleb was very proud of doing the designing and carving all by himself, although he thought the guts were pretty disgusting. Jake had fun poking holes in his pumpkin and Emmy liked standing on the chairs. While I am not a huge fan of Halloween, I do LOVE to carve pumpkins! 
Last year for costumes, I stressed myself out big time. So this year, we decided not to spend any money on them and to wear what we had in the house. To our wonderful surprise, we had 3 awesome ninja costumes that fit each one of my children! Thank you David for saving those! Not to mention that Jake is huge into Ninjago right now and wanted to be a ninja anyway. Hooray! Costumes down, Trick-or-treating to go. We decided to drive over to our friends house to share some delicious chili and cake cornbread. Emmy decided she didn't like the trick-or-treating (basically screamed every time someone new gave her candy) so I stayed with her while David took the boys around. Our friends live in a neighborhood without a lot of kids so everyone was dishing out the candy by the handfuls. Here I was thinking that less candy would be a good thing and they would only need to go to a few houses and they came back with full buckets! Oh well, more to share with Mom and Dad!


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

2 comments:

Nancy T said...

Love the cute ninjas! I'm missing all of you!

Nancy T said...

Love the cute ninjas! I'm missing all of you!