Caleb ran the Valley Park Hawk Run this year. It's a big event and all the kids get very excited about it. Caleb did anyway, and ran with David, after school, a few nights every week to prepare for it. It's a mile run for 3rd grade and up and the top 10 in each group get a medal. We didn't know this, so when Caleb kept saying, "I think I can be in the top ten!" we were like, ..okay, way to shoot for tenth?!? He did do well and ended up placing ninth and receiving a medal! It's amazing how much motivation a medal can produce. I wish I could have been there to see him run, but my life is currently ruled by the afternoon nap. (Not for me, but Emeline)Ü Anyway, David was able to volunteer and help direct kids along the race route. A few friends even texted when the kids finished running and commented on his good form. I am happy that he enjoys running. I keep thinking back to my elementary school days when even thinking about the "mile run" would induce vomiting. I still get anxiety when I think about it! Anyway, we were able to make it to the awards ceremony and celebrate with everyone. We are so proud of him!

Jake has been doing really well at his therapy lately. We love his therapist, Diana. As you can see, she is very involved and can really get Jake to try new things
and enjoy them. He has also become more interested in reading. He is excited to learn so he can read
Go Dog, Go, all by himself. He goes to preschool three times a week and we haven't had any tantrums or anxiety spells for a while now! I think it might have something to do with the candy bar I bribed him with at the end of each week. He is making lots of new friends and learning about how to be a good friend.

Emeline is busy. She has started screaming to get what she wants. Is that a girl thing? She has also started doing that thing where she turns into a noodle when you try and pick her up. So much fun. She is attempting to get her fourth and final molar, but a week and a half later she still has nothing to show for it. Poor baby. She loves her pink snow boots and wants to wear them whenever she is outside. I let her.
3 comments:
Yay Caleb! (I'm with you amy and the thought of a mile run...)
Yay Jake!!!
And what a cutie Ms Emmeline :)
That girl thing only gets better. ;). I remember hating to run right there with you!!
You guys are such great parents! I love reading posts like this. I think those little things (for all three) when their small make a big difference when they're bigger. I talked to a therapist for Oliver twice on the phone last spring, but we decided he was okay for now on his own. I should ask you more about that sometime.
Post a Comment