Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Games with Grandma

I grew up doing all sorts of things with my Grandma Tregaskis. She would teach us lessons in cooking, art, sewing, decorating and anything else you could imagine. She also loves the game, Scrabble. Oh, and she's good at it. Very good. In fact, I knew I loved David when we played her once and he beat her. I had only beaten her twice in my entire life and my husband beat her on his first try. Well, since then, we have always made a special effort to get a game in with Grandma when we come to visit. This year I claimed a victory! Hooray! I am really moving up in the world.

I thought it was so fun while we played Scrabble, Caleb sat in the chair next to me and played a game with his grandma. It has got to be genetic. Late nights of Settlers and Balderdash are the staples of life my friends. I am blessed with a very fun, game-playing fam! Here's to a rematch Mom. Gimme all yer brick!

1 comment:

Nancy T said...

I wish we could play Settlers tonight! Caleb was so cute playing the Farming Game!