Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Caleb's Baptism, Springville, 7-7-12

This event deserves its own post. Caleb decided to be baptized and we thought it a good idea to do it around as much family as possible, hence the trip to Utah. They did not disappoint. We had around fifty people show up to show him their love and support, from grandparents and cousins, to friends we haven't seen in years. Thank you so much to all those who made such an effort to come. Caleb had a great day and we are so very proud of him.
He was a little nervous about going into the water all the way. For those of you who don't know, members of our church,  the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, are baptized by immersion and Caleb is not fond of getting his head wet in any form. He did great, however, and afterwards David confirmed him a member and, through the priesthood, gave him the companionship of the Holy Ghost. It was beautiful and I was so proud of them both. Caleb just glowed and you could just see his goodness.

He is such a special kid and I know he will be such a great example to those around him. He wants to do what's right and tries his best to be kind to everyone. We love you Kiddo!



David's parents were so great and let us host a brunch at their house after the baptism. It was crazy, hot and fun. What could be better than a giant heap of shoes in the foyer? I didn't get pictures of everyone that was there but I felt the love from all of you. I wanted to get a picture of Caleb too, in his new yellow bow-tie but I just never seemed to get the chance. Oh well. Hopefully I can get one later. I just thought he looked so cute, but don't tell him I said that Ü

No comments: