I wanted to do a special post on Caleb today. He has been growing up so fast lately and I wanted to remember some of the wonderful things that he is learning and doing.
He wanted to make dinner for all of us the other day and so we asked him what he knew how to make. He thought about it for a minute then decided to make a menu for us to choose from. The funny thing is, is that he picked most of the menu items from a holiday cookbook. I picked the chocolate chip pancakes. They turned out great! He did get a little burn on his finger from the pan but his confident chef abilities quickly swallowed up the pain.
I am constantly amazed at how patient and loving Caleb is with Emmy. He gets so excited to see her in the morning and plays with her every day. I will be in the other room sometimes and can hear him telling her how cute she is and that she needs to stay a baby forever. She adores him too.
This year, Caleb was 1 of 24 students chosen for the Valley Park Star Award. There are only two people in each grade selected and they have a big awards breakfast to honor each recipient. He was so cute and was just thrilled to be there. (and seriously enjoyed his chocolate muffin) His teacher wrote a cute little poem for him and presented him with a medal and certificate. She always says what a great kid he is and how lucky she is to have had him for her first year of teaching. She said that he is the kind of kid you can sit anywhere because he is kind and friendly to everyone. I love that about him.
The boys finally got to play their first baseball game of the season on Friday. After being rained out three times, they were both really ready to play. How cute is that uniform? I could honestly eat them both.
Jacob looks up to his brother so much. He cries when Caleb doesn't want to play anymore and asks me at least five times a day when Caleb will get home from school. Because of the rain out schedules, David and I had to split up for the games and I got to watch Caleb.
He did really well and got 2 RBIs and a boy out at 2nd. He is really improving his skills and learning to love the game like David and I do. It's so fun!
Caleb will turn eight in time to attend his first cub scout day camp so they had him help with the Mothers' Day Brunch fundraiser. He had fun scrambling the eggs and cooking the sausage. It was good to see him with all of the other little boys his age and they all worked really hard and had a lot of fun.
We went fishing for Family Home Evening the other night and here is Caleb with his catfish! He was fine until it started flipping around. That face is priceless.

2 comments:
They are such amazing kids! Give them big hugs for me!
Amy you are such a great MOM. I know I tell you that all the time. I love your blog you are in love with your children and they know it by how you show them.
Post a Comment