Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers' Day

 I loved this card that Caleb made in school for Mothers' Day. Enjoy! (I know I did!)
This has been a fabulous Mothers' Day weekend. It started off on Saturday morning with the Mothers' Day brunch put on by the cub scouts. Breakfast meat is always a good thing. Then we went home and hung out for a while and David helped me paint Em's toenails to match mine Ü I can't help but smile every time I look at them.
Then, we had a good friend come over and babysit the kids so David and I could go to a Cardinals game. She even put Emeline down for bed so we could stay for the whole game. This was a big deal. Pure bliss is all I have to say. Wonderful friends, (you know who you are,) thank you! We had a great time.


This morning I didn't wake up until four am (mothers' day present from Emeline) and then David let me lay in bed until 8 o'clock. Heaven. David didn't have to go to early morning meetings either so I  had his help this morning getting everyone ready. Mothers' day is one of my favorite days to go to church and today was every bit of special that I was hoping for. Jacob even stood up with the primary when they sang to the mothers!
I love how cherished my family makes me feel on this day and how inspired I am by the many women in my life who have taught me how to be a better mother. I love you mom and am grateful for all of your sacrifices for me, especially the ones I don't even know about. And this post is dedicated to your own mother, my grandmother, who we miss especially this year, today.  I am so blessed to be part of the eternal family that I have.

4 comments:

Nancy T said...

Thank you Amy! This post made me cry. I am grateful for my wonderful children who are such great parents themselves. I too am thankful for Grandma Allen's example of how to be a mother, grandmother and daughter of God. Emmy's toes are precious!

Nancy T said...

Thank you Amy! This post made me cry. I am grateful for my wonderful children who are such great parents themselves. I too am thankful for Grandma Allen's example of how to be a mother, grandmother and daughter of God. Emmy's toes are precious!

Michelle said...

I know my mom is smart because she's not dumb either!!! Those pages are the most precious thing I've ever seen. And so are Emmy's toenails. And Jacob's big blue eyes. Why don't you guys just come out here early and stay forever?

Michelle said...

I know my mom is smart because she's not dumb either!!! Those pages are the most precious thing I've ever seen. And so are Emmy's toenails. And Jacob's big blue eyes. Why don't you guys just come out here early and stay forever?