Thursday, September 15, 2011

Eckert's Apple Picking





I love the fall weather that we have been having here lately. After almost an entire month of heat indexes reaching above 110 degrees we are ready for some cooler weather. It's nice to actually be able to take the kids outside and do some things. I was feeling quite batty from being kept inside so long.Ü

Last week we decided to take advantage of a free evening at Eckert's Fun Farm to pick apples. They take you on a trailer ride pulled by a tractor, out to the orchards. I was hoping for Honey Crisp apples, as they are my absolute favorite, but the heat nixed them out early so we ended up picking some Jonathans instead. The kids had so much fun and loved that we could eat as many apples out in the orchard for free. They loved picking them and I had to keep reminding them that we had to pay for the ones that went into the bag. We tried finding the most perfect apples to make into an apple fritter later.

These two camel pictures are especially for you, Sariah. We named them Cinnamon and Toast!
David and Emeline having a break at the pavilion.


"Who's driving this flying umbrella?"
Positively sinful! Jacob and Caleb enjoying their apples
An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Well, I sure hope not. I have friends that are doctors!!!

Emeline really enjoyed the great outdoors. She was all smiles and cooing.
Even the Joker followed us to the orchard. Have no fear, Batman was here!
We had so much fun with this little cutie. We are so grateful for good friends.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Your family is adorable!

Kendall said...

She is so stinking cute!! and i love that Caleb is still in his batman cape. Too cute!