Sunday, August 21, 2011

Chittlin update

Guess who's 2 MONTHS! Emmy is so much fun, sometimes I can't stand it! She has all of us wrapped around those tiny little fingers. She is cooing up a storm and loves to have long conversations. She is in the 50th percentile for everything and her doctor said she is "perfectly beautiful". I may be biased, but I couldn't agree more Ü She is sleeping a little better at night. We make her a bed in her car seat every night so she isn't spitting up as much. She is also on a little better of a schedule for naps so I can actually go places during the day now. Whoopee! She makes lots of friends at church and loves attention.

Can you stand those gorgeous, long eyelashes?! Me thinks I am in love!



Jacob! What more can I say? Usually a picture of him just about says it all. Oh how I enjoy this little boy of mine. He is so unique and I never know what to expect from him. He is growing like a weed and I have to keep letting out the hem in his Sunday pants.
Don't you love this picture? I swear he just had an itch but I couldn't resist;) A new cape is currently in the works so stay tuned for the new version. He is a little partial to the retro Batman and keeps telling me he has a blue cape, not black. I figured we could swing it for Halloween...or maybe everyday wear.
He was so excited to get new shoes this year. They have spider webs that light up when he walks. They are the exact shoes that I swore I would never buy for my child because they are hideous and match nothing. Now that that notion is out the window, he is perfectly happy. That is one thing that I love about him. Life is so exciting with Jacob around. It is so much fun to surprise him with new things because he reacts so enthusiastically. Now that I think of it, the shoes aren't so bad! They make my boy happy.
Caleb started second grade on the 16th. He was so excited to go back to school because, "we do stuff at school". Tough crowd! I felt a little bad for him this summer. We weren't able to get out and do much because it was so blasted hot here. Thank you to all of the family who came to visit and entertain him. He has been so patient with the new baby and she literally lights up whenever he is around.
He is also growing a ton. He is looking more "boy" than "little" now and I find myself amazed at all he is able to do by himself now. He loves to help me with whatever I am doing, especially if it is cooking. We have an appointment with the eye doctor next month to see if he needs glasses. I think he will look adorable but don't tell him I said that.
Caleb is such a good example to me. Recently he made a goal to read the Book of Mormon all the way through before he turns eight. He reads it every morning and hardly ever misses a day. I am so proud of him and happy that he will gain a testimony for himself of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon.
Caleb loves life and is every ones' friend. Mostly he is a great brother to Jacob and I love that special bond that they share.
I am the luckiest mom in the whole world!

2 comments:

Ansonville Homepage said...

Totally awesome "GRANDCHILDREN" from an unbiased grandparent...

I am very well pleased with Caleb, Jacob and Emeline I miss them all, and their parents too!

Grandpa A

Marla said...

Emmy is beautiful! I laughed out loud when I read the part about Jacob's "hideous" spider web shoes that match nothing. It's fun to follow your family as your boys grow. P.S. Love the Snoopy backpack!