Thursday, May 19, 2011

Random Update

This month has been a little busy but I am glad because it takes my mind off the fact that I only have four and a half weeks left of pregnancy! Well, technically one and a half until I am full-term, but who is counting? Baby girl is doing well but measured a couple weeks small according to my belly size, so we are scheduled for another ultrasound on Monday to do some more measuring. I feel like all is well though, and she is kicking up a storm so I know she is a strong one. I have everything ready early this time and now I am just waiting around for her to be ready. Story of my life! I am usually early for everything and I guess this is no different. All I have left to do is pack my hospital bag, which I plan to do on Sunday, and I am all set! Patience!!!! I really just want a healthy, happy baby.

A few weeks ago, the roof over our front porch started separating from the house so we decided it needed to be completely rebuilt. We have a wonderful friend who not only helped David to fix it but brought over a plethora of fun tools that had me drooling. It was killing me to just watch them and not be able to help. They did a fabulous job and I am so pleased that the roof won't fall on any one's head now.


I will post a picture of the new and improved roof when this blasted rain decides to stop and we can paint it. A special thanks goes out to the Speidels, who always seem to be helping someone and are some of the kindest and thoughtful people we know. Thank you! We couldn't have done it without you!

On a random note, a couple of days ago, Jake and I came out of the grocery store and saw this:
It's hard to see in the photo but there is a car that has smashed through the entrance of the beauty salon. Apparently she was parking and bent down to grab some change and accidentally pushed on the accelerator instead of the brake. OOps. No one was hurt, thank goodness, but Jake and I had been in the dollar store next door just a few minutes before that. Crazy!

We had some friends over for a weenie roast and these two got out of hand. Thank goodness for a long rope and a sturdy tree! Their faces crack me up. I told them to make a "scared" face. I am so glad to have friends that don't mind if we tie their children up in the backyard:) We are missing the beautiful sunny weather now, though. It has been a very wet spring and we are excited to get outside some more and enjoy the sunshine. We finally figured out the mole problem, we think, in the backyard and hope to be able to spend more time back there.

2 comments:

ansons said...

Keep that rope handy. We may need to tie Zac and Caleb up this summer:)

Tina - Ball Team Co-Captain said...

You know, Patience is a great girl name....at least her cousin Tina thinks so.