Monday, February 7, 2011

It's a....

GIRL!!! We just got back from the ultrasound and everything looks good. The office went against policy and let the boys into the ultrasound room to find out first hand what we were having. I was so excited and told the staff that they were very well behaved boys and that they didn't have anything to worry about. Well, the office staff forgot to tell the Ultrasound Tech so she was not so happy but we shuffled them in anyhow. After about ten min of measuring and such, right before she announced the gender, Caleb suddenly says,

"Dad! I don't feel good! I need to go to the bathroom!"

So out they all rushed to the bathroom where he drank some water out of a cup meant for a urine sample. We figured he got a little light headed from standing there with his knees locked for too long but we didn't want to risk him barfing all over the ultrasound room. I can see it now. To make a long story short. Right after they left, the tech turned the screen and said,

"It's a girl! Congratulations!"

A bit different than I envisioned but still delighted with the outcome. Caleb is fine but we kept him home from school just in case. I will have to put off my new shopping needs for another day Ü

David and I are super excited and the boys think that it's "OK" to have a girl.


21 comments:

Sharon said...

Congratulations! Welcome to a whole new world of ACCESSORIES!!

Melissa said...

Congrats Amy! I am soooo excited for you!!! :)

Devin & Nikki Choules said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marc and Liz Anson said...

Yahoo!!!

Tina said...

Hooray!! We're so excited for you guys!!! Now you can start decorating and shopping :)

Stephanie said...

oh yay!!! congrats!!! girls are so fun to doll and dress up im so excited for you!

Donna and Bevan said...

That's awesome!!! Girls are so fun!

Alicia said...

Now you won't be so outnumbered! Congratulations!! SO fun!

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Yeah! I love buying baby girl clothes :)

Anonymous said...

That is awesome, congrats!

Bryan and Brianna said...

Yay!! Congrats!! I'm so happy for you guys! :)

Tina - Ball Team Co-Captain said...

Fantastic! She's a lucky girl!

Jenny said...

Congrats!!! Yay for little girls!

Abby said...

Hi Amy, It's been too long! About the trampoline. It's called Pure Fun and I think this is a link to where Justin's parents bought it from:

http://www.mercantila.com/p/pure-fun-55-inch-trampoline-and-enclosure-set-mini-trampoline

Congratulations about little sister! I hope you are feeling well. Happy Valentine's Day, Friend!

Love, Abby.

Kay said...

Awesome sauce! I'm so happy for you both!!!

adriandgreg said...

I am sorry I haven't responded earlier but Oh My Gosh!!! Hooray! That is so exciting and I am so excited to have a miniature Amy come into this world. We need more of those girls:) I need to call you soon.

Jeffrey and Monica said...

Hi Amy, I did some stalking and found your blog just in time for the big announcement. Congrats, I'm SO excite for you! I'll have to teach you how to make hairbows. A talent every mother a girl should know.

Lynseylou said...

Yay! Congrats... we are so excited for you!!

Dana Marie said...

Yay! Congrats!! I'm so happy for you!

Tammy said...

Eric says "how 'bout that" :) Congratulations! hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well! You'll be the perfect little mommy for a baby girl!

adriandgreg said...

Hey I have something for you! Can you send me your home address over email? I also think I don't have your correct email so it will be good to have it. Thanks! Hope you are doing well Preggo!