Thursday, September 17, 2009

Kindergarten

Caleb has grown up so fast this last month. He has impressed me so much with his bravery and willingness to try new things. He started kindergarten this year and is really doing well. He loves his teacher and is making friends in his class. His favorite thing is to ride the bus with Kyndal and Camryn, our next door neighbors.

How cute are they! They just squealed when the bus came around the corner on the first day. I wish I got it on video but I'm new at this first day of school thing and didn't have my video on. I felt pretty lost after he left for school and it was just Jacob and me at home. My wonderful friend, Debbie, came to my rescue and took me out to lunch to distract me. It has been a lot of fun having one-on-one time with Jake. It's taken some adjustments, but life is good and we are all happy.



Caleb also learned to tie his shoes this month! And on top of that, he started to shower instead of taking a bath. He even gets the water on his face and washes his own hair. We are so proud of you Caleb!

7 comments:

Tammy said...

cute, i know when olivia went to preschool for the first time last year, i cried and was teary the whole 2 hours she was gone. Jacob must have thougt that i was crazy or somthing of course he didn't know what to do with out her either.... kidergarden is going to kill me! LOL

Michelle said...

Way to go buddy! He looks sooo tall! What a big guy. I remember when Ben started taking showers. That was weird!

Jenny said...

What!!?!? Caleb is in kindergarten, I swear he wasn't that old yet, how funny, so cute too!!

Nancy T said...

What a grown-up boy! I miss you guys so much!

Jenny said...

you are all so stinkin cute - i miss seeing all of you guys and espically miss calebs big hugs! and a few hair slivers !jk love you guys! Julie

Michelle said...

What's going on over there?! Caleb could have grown another 2 inches since you posted last! I DEMAND another post.

Michelle said...

eeeeeaaaaaammyyyy. I like the dole howse. I like posts too.