Monday, January 19, 2009

It sure looked a lot like Christmas...

Christmas was very different for us this year, but also wonderful. This was the first time that we didn't have family around to share the holidays with. We were incredibly blessed though, to spend Christmas Eve with one of our favorite families, the Prestons. They were so kind and invited us orphans to dinner and also bought some Christmas books for our boys. We had dinner and watched the new Reflections of Christ DVD, which I love! After that, we hung out and watched Caleb and Richard wrestle. You couldn't separate those two if you tried!
At home, we opened new PJ's, as tradition, and David read the nativity story in Luke. He was excited that it was his turn to read it this year since no "Dads" were here to do it instead. He did a wonderful job and brought a sweet spirit into our home for the night. We then read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas and sent the kids off to bed.
Opening presents in the morning was so much fun. Caleb is so fun to give things to. He gets so excited and happy with pretty much anything! This year was the year of Planet Heroes. It's all about space with him.
Jacob got a ride-on alphabet train and Handy Manny with some mini tools. He likes to carry his little screwdriver around and stick it into any holes he can find.
Below is Caleb and the "Reindeer food" that we made and left out in the yard. Santa left a note in Caleb's stocking thanking him for taking care of his reindeer while he was busy. It was a lot of fun and we liked making it instead of the usual cookies and milk for Santa.

Jakey likes to be like his big brother and brush his teeth at night. A perfect end to a yummy, fun-filled holiday!

7 comments:

Tammy said...

looks like you guys had a bunch of fun! my jacob got handy manny pjs and some tools.. he also loves to "fix" everything. i think it's adorable!

Donna and Bevan said...

Your boys are so adorable! I loved the reindeer food. Looked kinda gross though. We're glad you had such a nice Christmas. We love you guys!

adriandgreg said...

First of all, what the heck is in that "reindeer food?" Are you sure it didn't scare away the reindeer and who ended up eating it? I hope it wasn't put to waste all that wonderful food...:) I am so glad you posted about Christmas, I have been waiting! I love the PJ's. We also got the Reflections of Christ DVD. It's awesome. What a good Christmas you had. I am so glad friends take care of you cause we would have!

Marc and Liz Anson said...

Mom got Benjamin the same outfit at Jacob. They both look just as adorable in it! I'm glad you guys had a great Christmas and found some 'family' to be with. As usuall we missed you all.

As a side note we found a van and are going to test drive it this weekend so it looks like our trip out there to see you is going to happen after all! Yea! We'll let you know the details as they come.

Growing-up-walker said...

How fun. I just love the holidays. You have such a cute family. We miss you guys lots and can't wait to see you this summer!

Michelle said...

Oooh, Jakey looks so grown up all of the sudden. I need to kiss his little cheeks! Glad you had a good Christmas. We missed you guys.

Unknown said...

So my favorite picture ever is the one on the side of your blog of Jake in his little Ninja outfit. I LOVE the face he is making.
How fun to have your own Holiday and be able to start your own traditions!