It was not a fun time, and I think it needs a whole other blog post, but we were able to accomplish everything we needed to do in a short amount of time. Our house wasn't even listed for 24 hours before we got an offer for full asking price! I consider this an amazing miracle, as it helped me to be able to focus on the actual move while not having to worry about home showings and keeping everything clean. We really feel that this move has been God's will for us and we were shown this through every step of the moving process.
Well, David flew back and then we loaded up the truck. Wow. I cannot even begin to express my gratitude for all those who came to help us with this immense task. We have some absolutely incredible friends and family! My dad even flew out to help us load and drive our truck the entire 1300 miles to Utah. This was another miracle and helped us so much.

The drive out was long but mostly a positive experience. We got a flat tire in the middle of Nebraska, but thankfully, we were only 2 miles from Wal-mart and David was able to get everything fixed. Another miracle. I couldn't imagine how difficult it would have been and how long we would have been delayed if we hadn't gotten stuck where we did.









Too make a long story short, too late, we made it to Utah. We are gratefully living in my parents' basement while we build a house in Santaquin, Utah (southern Utah County). David is thriving at work and is really enjoying the process of preparing for a temple open house and participating in the construction of a new temple. We were all so sad to leave good friends behind, but the kids are having fun writing letters to some great pen pals and I have finally bitten the bullet and signed up for Facebook and Instagram. Keeping in touch is not as difficult as it used to be! I am loving the house building process and get giddy with excitement when I get to talk construction!


No comments:
Post a Comment