We continued our tradition of ordering Chinese food on New Year's Eve. We look forward to it all year long! The kids are getting pretty good with their chopsticks and even Emmy can get some food in her mouth with the "stabbing" method! We spent the day shopping and exchanging gifts and then came home and watched Maleficent with some popcorn and chocolate. We played a few rousing games of Skip-Bo and then ate dinner. We put Jacob and Emmy to bed after scripture time and let Caleb stay up late with us to watch Fellowship of the Ring. He has just finished reading the trilogy and was so excited! I am not a huge fan of the movie (like the story, HATE the orcs) and I was worried Caleb would have nightmares, because it can get pretty gory. On his way up to bed he told David, "Dad, it really wasn't that gross". There you have it.
After that, we sent Caleb to bed and watched an episode of Blue Bloods, our new favorite show. We rang in the new year with a quick kiss and then went to bed. We are such party animals.


1 comment:
Ha ha! Party animals. I couldn't keep my eyes open. I fell asleep at 11:33. I did startle awake at midnight courtesy of our neighbor's fireworks and got a quick kiss before I drifted back off.
Post a Comment