Monday, June 16, 2014

Festival of Miles, Castlewood and Double Digits

 photo festivalofmiles.jpg

We are so proud of Caleb! He has been participating in the St. Louis Track Club called the "Blazers". He loves it and is good at it. They practice 2 times a week and give them opportunities to race in meets. The meets are basically all on Sundays, except for 2, and one of them was this month. It was called Festival of Miles. They bring in all the top runners in the nation from middle school, high school and professional levels. Then they race and try to beat all the national times for running the mile. Wow! There were some fast runners! It was really exciting to watch. We saw a couple of runners break a 4 minute mile! Caleb beat his best time by over a minute and came in at 6:38! He was shocked and we totally cried because we were so proud and excited for him. He really, truly did his best and I was so impressed by his effort.

 photo P1013002.jpg

Memorial Day was fun this year. We got a group of families together and met at Castlewood Park. It's a great place right on the Meramec River. It has a really nice sandy beach for a land-locked state such a Missouri. We had a BBQ and the kids swam for hours. We can't wait to go back again!

 photo P1013001.jpg

Our friend Thomas!

 photo P1012983.jpg
 photo P1012984.jpg photo P1012992.jpg

 photo P1012980.jpg

Caleb had his 10th birthday this month. He wanted a really, really chocolate cake and I complied. Who am I to refuse him? I love his photobombing skills. He decided to take a few friends lazer tagging for his party. I wasn't able to get any pictures because David drove them but I know they had an absolute blast.

We gave him a Kindle for his present this year and he was so excited! I think I was just as excited to give it to him and had fun picking out games and movies to put on it. He is such a stellar kid and has such a kind and generous heart. I can't wait to see what the next decade holds for him!

 photo P1013023.jpg  photo P1013020.jpg

No comments: