We decided to do Bunny Day a bit different this year. We went camping with some friends of ours and thought it would be fun to do an egg hunt there instead of at a park. The campsite was not especially great for hiding eggs like we thought it would be, but we made it happen. The kids had fun roasting s'mores with peeps and finding interesting sticks to whittle. David brought his axe but didn't end up using it because the campground didn't allow us to use wood from the forest. Say what? It was a little weird but I am glad we got to go. We had a good time with little sleep, scrumptious campfire food and ended with coming home and doing 90 loads of smoke smelling laundry.
The next morning, the kids and David went to church while I stayed home with bronchitis and a migraine. I was sad not to be able to attend church. That is one of my favorite things to do on Easter and I love to get all dressed up in new dresses and bow ties. That picture will have to be taken another day I guess. Anyway, the Easter bunny came and the kids are full of sugar. It was a good weekend.
This is what the fields looked like on the way down to the campsite. Gorgeous!!!
My fabulous friend, LeAnn, and her sweet kids came to visit for a few days. Oh, it was so good to visit with my wonderful friend and the kids were inseparable. She makes me so grateful for good friends. We went to the zoo and butterfly house and basically talked each others' ears off. The kids played a lot of Wii and had so much fun together that we didn't see them for hours at a time. Wait, why don't we live next door to each other again? Come again soon!

Em and I took a jaunt up to the temple to take pictures of the bea-u-ti-ful flowers. They did not disappoint. Here are some of my favorites:

I wanted to take some more photos for my Etsy shop but the clouds did not cooperate this year. I will have to try again I guess. Shoooot.
These are blossoms on our tree out front. It's been dying ever since we put it in the ground but still puts off such beautiful blooms that we haven't cut it down yet.

Basically this is the way Em looks all day every day. My friend told me that she thought Emeline was such a calm and placid child. Bwa ha ha ha! She isn't even calm when she sleeps. Although, it is worth it to note that she slept through the night 4 days in a row for the first time...EVER! David and I feel like new people. It's amazing how well I can cope when I have had enough sleep. Hooray!
This is the beautiful park by our house. The kids love to go there and feed the fish.
Caleb is all about running lately. He is stellar at it!
2 comments:
Yay for sleeping through the night!!!
Loved Loved Loved being with you and your sweet family!! We'll hopefully see you in the summer. Muwah!!
Post a Comment