Top Ten Reasons why I Love my Mom: (This is only the top ten but there are lots more. Lots.)
1. She is kind and ALWAYS thinking of others. In fact, it's really hard to convince her to do anything for herself. She is happy serving others and I have learned from her example.
2. She is Beautiful. A lot of my friends comment on how young she looks. She has beautiful red hair and brown eyes and a very nice, natural smile. My favorite part of her beauty though, is what's inside. My mom has a very Christ-like spirit.
3. She is fun to laugh with. Especially while playing Settlers of Cataan.
4. She is an awesome Grandmother. My kids always know that grandma loves them and that they are special to her.
5. She can sew anything. (Yes you can, Mom.) One example? My wedding dress was a feat, I tell you, and she made it seem easy. I show it off to anyone who will look and even to those who won't.
6. She is very musical. My mother can play several instruments, sing and also plays in a band! My favorite memories are sitting on the couch on Sunday afternoons and reading or crocheting while my mom played the piano. She helped me to love music.
7. She is an avid reader and she has taught me to love good books. I can always get a recommendation on a fun book to read.
8. She is a fantastic wife. I have learned from her example how important an eternal marriage is and how to make your spouse feel loved and accepted. They still go on dates every week and hold hands. Love it.
9. She is righteous. She has been a president, counselor, you name it, for almost every auxiliary in the church. This, to me, tells me how much the Lord trusts her and counts on her. She has ALWAYS magnified her callings.
10. She makes really good cookies and homemade bread. It was the best coming home from school and finding the cookie jar full of cookies or the house smelling like homemade bread. Now I try and do that for my kids. I am still trying to figure out how she does it!
I love you Mom. I wish I could be there to spend the day with you.
Love, Amy (#3)
2 comments:
Oh. my! That was an emotional read! You are an amazing daughter and were a pleasure to raise. You are a wonderful mother yourself..in fact you are what I wanted you to become when you were a new little baby---a better woman and mother than I am! I miss you especially today. Thank you for your love and I hope you have a fantastic day! Love, Mom
Such a sweet post. I love your mom! She is an amazing woman!
Post a Comment