Another school year has rolled around and my boys are growing up. I watch them grow throughout the year, of course, but only acknowledge the fact that they really are a year bigger when I send them back to school. Caleb started 3rd grade this year and was thrilled to be going back. I asked him if he was excited and he said, "Yes! I am so glad to get out of the house." Wow. Thanks, Bud. He is the type of kid that thrives in school, surrounded by rules and schedules and science experiments. I don't like to schedule my life when I don't have to. I am much more of a spur of the moment kind of gal, so I am sure it is refreshing for him to feel a bit more in control of his life. Not to mention all the fun new friends and teachers that he will get to know.
Jake started preschool this year. I was a little nervous that he would be unhappy and shut down when surrounded by all of the chaos that school brings, but so far he has been great! He has been excited to go most days, and is lucky to already have a friend from church in his class. I can already see a difference in his confidence level and he is finally interested in learning his letters! He goes three days a week in the mornings, which gives Emmy and I bonding time in the morning, and then Jake and I get time in the afternoon when Emmy is napping. I love this time that I have to spend one-on-one with my children. I actually have time to organize and clean now too and I am loving the peace that a control freak gets when we organize something. Don't get me wrong, my house still looks very "lived-in" but it's getting a little more under control.
Doesn't he look thrilled? I cannot get this kid to give me a real smile! I am going to have to get creative.
2 comments:
Aw, your kids are getting so big! I love your updates!
I'm so thrilled at how well the boys are doing! I wish I could have been there for the first day of school. thanks for sharing the pics!
Post a Comment